Wednesday 29 July 2009

Spoonful of Sugar challenge 62

Here's my entry for the Spoonful of Sugar challenge, which was a sketch this week. I've used an image from Digistamp Boutique and had my first go at 'distressing' with my new distress inks. I've coloured with promarkers as usual though. For a change I'm quite happy with how this turned out, although I'm not sure about the sentiment, maybe it should have been mounted instead of stamped directly onto the paper.

Close up
Materials/ Tools used
  • 'Josh' image from Digistamp Boutique, coloured with promarkers
  • Spotty paper is a download from Printable Heaven, cardstock from stash
  • Tim Holtz distress inks in Scattered Straw, Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain
  • Nestabilities scalloped ovals
  • Stars cut on Big Shot using a Sizzix die, with Woodware button centres

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous boys card! Such a cute little image!
Erin x

☼ Cheryl* said...

Ooo very very nice, Lisa! This would be a perfect 1st birthday card for my little boy, Morgan. His party is going to be a little pirate theme :)

Kat said...

Great boys card. Males of any age are so difficult. I have a husband, son and son-in-law plus 3 teenage nephews. Nightmare! Boys are too old for lots of things but too young for others! Girls are much easier. This card is so cute and the papers and colours are just perfect.

Kat x

gina g said...

Hi Lisa fab boy card hun fab colours and love the image. luv gina xx