Saturday 25 July 2009

Distress inks

I've been busy making cards for my box at Pav's work today, he brought it home with him yesterday because it was looking a bit empty. I haven't got round to taking pics though, so will probably do that tomorrow.

I did manage to pop out to the craft shop today (Craft Haven), supposedly for some dst that I'd nearly run out of. I did get that and a few papers that I liked the look of. But I was about to pay when I spotted Distress Inks! I hadn't realised they sold them in there and I've wanted to try them for ages. I've been quite happy with my promarkers, but I fancied trying something different for colouring, just for a change. I've been umming and aahing about koh-i-noors or prisma pencils, but of course once I spotted the Distress Inks my mind was made up lol!

I've bought 4 colours - Tattered Rose, Scattered Straw, Walnut Stain and Shabby Shutters. Obviously I'll need some more to do things properly, but I've been having a play with them tonight - quite enjoyed myself! I'm not good enough to show anything I've coloured with them yet though!

Any tips or advice on which colours next or what card I should use?

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for your lovely comment on the blog. I love colouring with distress inks and my No.1 tip would be to buy some watercolour paper. It makes a huge difference to your colouring as you can blend so much better because the paper absorbs the water and doesn't end up misshapen. I buy the cold pressed paper which is smooth although you can get paper that is a bit more grainy and I get it in a pad from my local art store. HTH and I can't wait to see what you create with your new inks!!

Wishcraft said...

Thanks Sharon - I've ordered 4 more colours, hoping they'll come today. Just need some paper now, thanks for the advice! I think there's only Hobbycraft nearby that'll have watercolour paper, so I'll pop there this week and see what they've got. Lisa x