Saturday 18 July 2009

My 1st Sugar Bowl challenge

I've made this card following the sketch for the Sugar Bowl challenge. As well as following the sketch there was the extra of using ribbon and/or bows, so I've used some lace (does that count as ribbon?), some ric rac and tied a bow in thread through the button on my flower. Not sure if I've made the most of the stamp - I realised once I'd stamped it that I didn't really know how to colour cows!



And close up

Materials/ Tools used
  • Sugar Nellie 'Custard' stamp from Funky Kits, coloured with promarkers
  • CCSR paper & coredinations cardstock
  • Lace from Cuddly Buddly
  • Ric rac ribbon from John Lewis
  • Green Tara flower, with Woodware button centre, tied with Bazzill In Stitch'z thread
  • Martha Stewart scallop dot border punch
  • Nestabilities scalloped squares


8 comments:

gina g said...

Fab card Lisa i love the image and well done on doing another challenge there will be no stopping you now lol. luv gina xx

Mina said...

gorgeous, I love custard and you have coloured her beautifully
Mina xxx

Aina said...

Gorgeous card, with a cute cow and lovely colours :O)

having a {me} day said...

Gorgeous card! I tjhink the way you coloured the cow is really effective. katxx

Kathy said...

Pretty card!! Good to see this cow!! He is so cute and I don't see enough of him!! (I am guilty myself)! Love the colors that you have used and your button flower is gorgoeus!
Thanks so much for playing along in the challenge :)Kathy

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, you have coloured it beautifuly!
Erin x

Lilian said...

Cute card and lovely coloring with the markers! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

Juls said...

congrats on your first sugar bowl challange, I am sure you will soon be hooked like the rest of us! Love custard the cow, like how you have put it with the black and pink. just stunning!