Wednesday 15 September 2010

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday


A first for me - I've seen loads of bloggers doing WOYWW but have never joined in myself, so excuse me for butting in! I'm sort of hoping it will shame me into doing something about the mess that I work in... maybe you'll see a perfect desk next week, and maybe one day I'll get round to painting the walls something other than the lemon yellow that's been there since my eldest (who'll be 8 soon) was a baby.

The enormous 'organiser' tub to the right is absolutely stuffed full of scraps that I'm trying to use up but probably never will.  The rail is from Ikea and was actually put on the wall to store my promarkers, but I've moved all my colouring stuff downstairs now (so I can colour while the littlies are creating chaos).  There's a card that I started last night, half finished... the strip of lace started out white and I covered it with black ink because I wanted it black, thinking it would dry overnight, but I checked it when I took my pics and it hasn't, so I might have to re-think that idea!  Button pots, punches, glue and glossy accents that all have official places on shelves so shouldn't be there, but everything seems to end up piled up on my desk.

Edited to add - I'm thinking I should have been brave and shown the 'overspill' desk to the left of my workspace above, as so many of you have commented how tidy it is... my craft room looks like a rubbish tip, so I will be braver and add more views next week lol!


This is my colouring area downstairs in the kitchen - the only way I get anything done when I should be entertaining my youngest.  Not much to say about this bit really!  The tubs are full of promarkers, and there are koh-i-noor pencils and sansador there too, and my promarker colour chart... oh and some finished cards that should have been moved to my box upstairs.

Off to sort out my stinky boy now, who's supposed to be potty/ toilet training, but is taking some convincing!

29 comments:

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Wow, that look pretty neat - I sure need to get my copics organised! TFS, Hugs always!G

Jennifer said...

Yes know what you mean. I do my colouring downstairs while little man does his colouring too lol! Trying to toilet train him as well! He won't even try the potty with his older brother/sisiers using the loo, he wants to be the same, lol! xx Jenny xx

mckinkle said...

Hey Lisa, dont be so hard on yourself, your craft space is WAY more tidy than mine ever is! I think it's therapy for me! I always come away thinking I must tidy up and then I just make another card and create another load of 'mess'!

Keryn x

craftymum said...

Oh Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. I can't believe you think this desk is a mess!. It looks soooooo neat!
Wish I could work that neatly
LOve Sarah X

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

Are you sure you've looked at the chaos the rest of us inhabit- mind you looks like your very creative regardless :)

G Peplow said...

Hi there, your desk isn't at all bad, should see mine :) Great idea to have a little 'you' space downstairs and good luck with the potty training, going through that at the moment with my grand daughter, fun isn't it??? Welcome to WOWW :0) xx

Nannieflash said...

Oh Dear Lisa, we all having problems keeping our desks tidy, you clear it up one minute and next its a mess again.
Hope the little lad gets there in the end, I suppose to them its all a drag as when youve got to go you just go. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

Lori said...

Love it Lisa, finally a peek into your creative nook, look at all the promarkers, woohoo!

Sue said...

Hi ya Lisa
welcome to the fun, i do luv me snoop on a wens, lovely tidy desk, i ended up sorting my scrap box a chucking most of it!! could never find what i wanted with so much stuff in it!!! Have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Louise said...

Welcome to WOYWW - I'm sure its more the merrier!
What a lot of Pro-markers you have!

Lindsey said...

It is sooo tidy! At least you can see your desk!!! Am jealous of all those Promarkers!
Good luck with the potty training. I'm going to leave it really late this time round.....I can't face it again!
Linds x
PS thanks for letting me case you fab card hun! Hope i did it justice!

Joey said...

Hi Hunny

gorgeous workspace I think the lemon walls work ok nice and pale, I have to craft in me front room so get to colour as and when littlen goes for a snooze lol

Joey.x

The Taming of the Glue said...

A tidy desk is the sign of a wasted life...love looking at other people's mess, makes me feel human! Go on...show the overspill!!

Helen said...

That is one big tub of scraps - good luck using all that up!!!

Sarpreet said...

I use the same glue, fab workspace,Happy WOYWW! Thank you for sharing your workspace (Linky number 19)

donnalouiserodgers said...

ooh you are actually in the tidy range - you have done all 360 desks yet have you?

- ha ha

Dx ( 49)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Welcome to WOYWW. You're going to love it here, and we're really glad you decided to join the madness. I really like that Promarker system, although I have NONE and only about three ink pens to my name. I'm so craft product challenged (grin). BTW, I wish we had an IKEA close. I think they have some lovely storage solutions for crafters. Happy WOYWW.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Welcome to WOYWW........don't worry about the messy side, we'll see that next week!!!

A.xx

Carola Bartz said...

That's a nice tidy desk! I love it because you can start crafting right away. - Carola, 112

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Great space.. My boys are 8 and 12.. and always have to come to my craft space to find me.. lol That card is super cute!

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin (#102)

Sarah said...

Now that is a large box of scraps! Wouldn't be able to not do something about that myself

Whisper said...

I wouldn't dare show my craft space as it's a tip !!, so you have nothing to worry about.

To get my son toilet trained we had to bribe him with a trip to Eurodisney last Xmas !!!, good luck with it, Luv Sam x

Janette said...

Your work desk is nice and tidy, luv your containers for storing your Promarkers, will have to have a trip up to Ikea, nice to see what is on other peoples desk luv Janette

Janetlynne said...

great space....I use to have an upstairs scrapbook room...and always brought stuff downstairs....New house, scrapbook room on the main level...

Anonymous said...

Lovely tidy spaces! Even your messy area is tidy! Be brave next week and show us the real mess! Welcome to WOYWW.

Hugs
Brenda (93)

Ciara said...

Wow, check out all your promarkers!

I have those Ikea rails & tubs too, they are brill :-)

Ciara
xx

Chrissie said...

Welcome!
Did you use your Promarkers to colour your lace? It usually dries really quickly! I use mine to colour ribbons all the time.
Your space does look tidy!
Chrissie

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi there, wow great desk, loving all of your stash. Thanks for the lovely birthday message you left me, hugs Heidi xxx

Sarah said...

Fab to have an insight into "your world" top tip for your promarkers. Put sticky dots on the end and colour them in! Helps finding the right one.
Hugs x