Monday 6 September 2010

Crafty Cardmakers 29 - clean & simple


This week at Crafty Cardmakers our challenge is a clean & simple one - I had FUN with this :o)  I suppose I probably should have had a bit more 'white space' going on, but I think it's still CAS... it's my sort of style anyway!

The fabby image is from Digistamp Boutique - his name is Dexter, the same as my youngest son, so of course I had to have these images lol.  You can buy him on his own here or in a set here.  I've coloured him with promarkers and then used koh-i-noors blended with sansador to add some extra shading and glow... the glow is overdone slightly but never mind, I'll get the hang of it eventually!  The paper is from the K&Co Brenda Pinnick 'boy' pad, with Papermill cardstock, a nestie star and ribbon and a button from my stash - the button is one that I've been 'saving'... I occasionally pick it up and consider using it but haven't until now because I liked it too much... I've got a few like that!  I made this one for my hubby's grandad, and I think he liked it but it's hard to be sure as he's Polish and doesn't speak a word of English... he's quite elderly and tends to get confused - he'll chatter away to me in Polish and then look at me like I'm very stupid indeed when he doesn't get an answer!  If I'd have been a bit more organised I would've used the Dexter with a blank sign and put a Polish sentiment on, but I'm rubbish...

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:
Don't forget - if you use any Digistamp Boutique image, you can enter the monthly competition on the Digistamp Boutique blog, and have a chance at winning some lovely images.  You can enter as many times as you like each month :o)

43 comments:

Lizzy said...

WOW Lisa I luv this! fab image & lush colour combo & dp's ~ good luck in the challenges hun xx Lizzy xx :)

Larisa said...

Lisa, it is great!!! very nice card!!!

Annie said...

cute puppy dog and a fabulous CAS creation!
hugs, annie x

Jane said...

He's so funny...beautiful colouring...love it!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, your card is gorgeous and definitely a real lovely one for a man not to fussy. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Fae said...

Oooh Lisa, this card is gorguss. I love the lushussss limes and the gorgeous star. Fab digi image and fabulous colours. Well done. Hugs, Fae xxxx

Debs M said...

great shading, love it! x

Kelly Schelske said...

Super fun Lisa! Love those colors!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card. Love the image and the colours you've used. xx

Courtney said...

This is adorable Lisa! Your coloring is beautiful...And your color combo is perfect! Thanks for playing along with our Birthday Challenge at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

melsanford said...

Fab card! Love the image. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Trimgym said...

Great card and image. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous cute card, love the style and papers, the image is adorable

Janette said...

Oh this is fab,Love the colour very striking.xx

martina's kaartjes said...

I like this one ! Great colours !
have a crafty evening,
greetings,
martina
x

carol said...

Hi lisa, i have left a litle someting on my blog for you, x carol

Anonymous said...

Very effective colouring.Cute dog and such a lovely man's card.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x

Lin said...

YOur little dog is just so cute. I love his expression. Beautifully coloured and beautifully matched to the background.

Lin xx

Mel said...

Oh I so love it honey!
The image is so funky especially with these delish papers, love it !
Hugs Melly xxx

Sue said...

Hi Lisa
awww gorgeous card hun, awesome colouring, luv the papers, thanks for letting me know i won the lady gaga challenge.sue.x

CraftyC said...

Wow, its stunning Lisa, I love this card!
Clairexx

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous!!! I LOVE the glow it works well. This is a stunning card hun
Linds x

Faye said...

This is such a you card! I love it. xxx (will keep an eye out for the postie, at least SC will!)

Squirrel x said...

Love it!! Love Dexter, such a cutie. Fabulous CAS card hunny. Hugs, Sxx

Whisper said...

What a cool dog is Dexter, fabby card, Luv Sam x

Sally said...

Gorgeous card, loveing the glow.
Sally. x

Di said...

Great card,i love Brenda Pinnick papers.Lovely colours together and cutie dog. the shading looks eally good. Di.x

Fiona said...

gorgeous card...love the colouring..it looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

coops said...

wow, fantastic card lisa.the image is fab and i love how you have done the green shading, fabulous :)

xx coops xx

Kat said...

Love this card Lisa, perfect male card. Love that image and fab DP.

Kat xx

coldwaters2 said...

Lisa this is absolutely fabulous the colours and style including the image is gorgeous I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

France Ringuette said...

LOVE IT !!!! Stunnung colors... I'm In LOVE !

Thanks for playing with us at paper Sundaes !

Jackie said...

Fantastic card, I love green and this all sits so well together :o)
Jackie xx

Cor* said...

This is perfectly CAS. Love the colored shadow behind the image! Very cute!

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Lisa, wow hun I love this, cute image and I love your shadow, will have to try this out myself, have a lovely night, hugs Liz xx

kaylou said...

Hi Lisa
wow I love this , he's so cute.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Susie said...

Fab card Lisa, love the image and the colours you've used! Thank you joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week x

Darlene said...

OMGosh ... how cute is this card!! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.

Clare Lloyd said...

love the colouring. great animal themed cards. thanks for joining us @ PTD. Good Luck. X

Danderella said...

What a fun card! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes.

Danielle

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

LOVE this!!! Thanks so much for joining us with our Mixed Mediums challenge at Paper Sundaes.

Hugs,
Wendy

PS - took a long look around your blog today and I just love your style. I'm a follower now!! :)

Linda said...

Hi Lisa I love your card I think it works really well for a clean and simple card because the dog image stands out really well and I love your choice of colours for the card, love Linda

Made by Mandy said...

Fabulous colours, great for a man's card. I hope your hubby's Grandad loved it :)