Saturday 25 September 2010

Karate Josh....


The last of the cards for my eldest son's 8th birthday - this one's from us.  His latest fad is karate (last year was football and the year before was tennis) and he's slightly obsessed with it at the moment.  Lovely Sally-Ann at Digistamp Boutique kindly drew 2 fabulous images for me to use... actually thinking about it, I might colour the other image and use that on a tag.

I've coloured fabby Josh, available here, with promarkers and then added my usual shading and glow with koh-i-noor pencils blended with sansador.  The papers are MME, with coredinations cardstock.  Added some jute stuff (very technical!) and some spotty ribbon from Little Claire - it's one of their new ones which is available here.  The sentiment is a downloaded one from Cuddly Buddly, mounted on a nellie snellen circle frame die.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:
My car cost £350 to sort out... sob!!  I ordered loads of stamps this morning in the Elzybells closing down sale - well, they are unbelievable prices now so I just couldn't resist!  Then hubby rang me and told me how much the car cost and I felt very guilty - bad wifey!!!  So I have to behave myself from now on, no more unnecessary craft spending... wonder how long I'll manage to keep that up!

23 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Lisa. Wow, this is such a lovely card. Great image and I just adore the papers you have used and how you have layered and designed your fab card. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Vicky said...

Brilliant card Lisa!, just love the image and the papers and layout are just perfect for this cute image!
Take care Vicky xx

amanda stokes said...

Ooh I love this card Lisa!Fab little image and those paper's are great.
hugs amanda xx

Sheila said...

Love that little image and coloured so nicely. Thgose papers are a perfect match too; love the jute stuff!! Why did you mention the Elzybell closing sale - I will have to go and look now!! Will blame you if hubby notices I overspend AGAIN! Happy Crafting! Sheila:)X

Claire said...

What a fab image, its great - lovely card with great papers. Hugs, Claire x

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Lisa, perfect for your son. At least your car is fit and well again. Will be able to get you to all the craft stores now!
Clairexx

Debs M said...

gorgeous card, love the die cut behind the sentiment! My car cost £630 last week and i could think was how many stamps could i buy for that! x

Little K Smith said...

Sweet card Lisa, adore the image. Love the colours and papers, fab layout and love the jute stuff too! :)
Kelly.x

Diane Gilbert said...

Very cute!!! Great card for a little boy! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

craftymum said...

Wow Lisa

this card is fantastic. I love the layout, papers and how you coloured the image. 10 out of 10!!!!!
sarah x

Lizzy said...

Fantastic card Lisa! fab image...luv how you shaded around him it looks ace xx Lizzy xx :)

cowboydutrem said...

I love your card. Brown is my favorite color, and I love your jute stuff!

Jackie said...

Fab card, great colours :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

fantastic card lisa.the image is brilliant and i love how you shade around your images.great papers and love the jute stuff :)

xx coops xx

Janette said...

Brilliant card, such a fab image and coloured so well.xx

Helen said...

That's a great image and such a good layout too - love it!

Helen x

Jennifer said...

Brilliant! LOvely image, colour and colouring. Ace layout xx Jenny xx

Lindsey said...

Love it! My little Sensei would like this one too! Great papers and colouring!
Sorry to hear about the car :-( still the stamps were in the sale so that makes you a good Wifey!
Linds x

Lynsey said...

Wow what a great card Lisa! I bet your son will love it!
Hugs Lynsey x

Aud said...

Wonderful card! Love it!♥

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs,
Aud

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Just typed my comment and got error 503, grrr. Hope this one works. A perfect card for your son's new obsession. Love that jute stuff and the fab ribbon. Marianne x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a fun one here!

melsanford said...

Oh wow! What a fab image! Love it :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx