Sunday 26 September 2010

A quick Christmas card


I'm busy making samples for my craft shop demo, but while I had the Little Claire dies out I thought I'd make a quick card for a few challenges.  I've used the 'oh Christmas tree' die, available here, gold pearlised card from my stash, and Papermill ivory linen card.  The sentiment is from Elzybells, stamped in rubbishy smudgy gold ink!  It wasn't until I came to stamp it that I realised I don't have any gold embossing powder (I've got silver, typically), or any decent gold ink.  I've embossed it to make it look a bit better... must get some more ink pads!

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:

I'm feeling a bit limp today - I knew I'd get a cold because the boys have had it all week, so it was no surprise when I woke up this morning with a pounding head and sore throat.  Oh, I had fabby news though - my auntie (she's only 3yrs older than me though, so we grew up more like sisters) had her baby yesterday :o)  She's had a really hard time, losing one baby to Edwards syndrome, followed by a couple of miscarriages and then a difficult pregnancy with regular hospital stays for bleeds (she had placenta previa)... baby Jessica was finally delivered by emergency section - Di had to have a general anaesthetic after a bad bleed so she wasn't awake for the delivery and is feeling quite poorly.  Jessica is doing well though, although she's about 5wks early and is in special care.  I'm so glad they're both ok though, it's such a relief!

30 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE THIS! What a fab die. Love the CAS layout too. Stunning!
Congratulations Aunty Lisa! Hope Mum and baby are doing well. Ahhhhhh!
Linds x

Sue said...

Hi hun
hope your feeling better soon, make be quick card hun, but looks fabulous, hugs, sue,xs

susiestacey said...

Lovely card - happy wishes to the mum & new baby x Susan x

Nannieflash said...

Oh Congratulations on becoming a Aunty, I hope that Di soon improves quickly and is allowed home soon.
Love your card its simple but stunning. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Anne said...

I LOVE cream and gold! This is just gorgeous Lisa! Congrats to your aunty too, I know just how thrilled she must be after those sad experiences! Welcome to baby Jessica! And thanks for playing with us at KIS! :o)xx

coops said...

stunning card lisa.the tree is fab and i love the cas layout and the cream and gold :)
congrats to your aunty too, welcome baby jessica :)

xx coops xx

Cazro said...

I love the cream linen card with the contrasting gold, a very elegant card. Thanks for joining in Keep It Simple.

Jackie said...

May be quick but it is beautiful, very classy :o)
Jackie xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi this is so beautiful. I love the cream and gold and it is a quick but Stunning card.Thanks for joining us at KIS Hugs Pascale

Janette said...

A very classy card, i like the way you have put the pearl in the centre of the star. Good luck for the challenges. lv Janette x

Crafting Queen said...

Elegant card, love it. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Debs M said...

great cas card, hope your feeling better soon and congrats to proud mum and dad x

Janette said...

Brilliant, so simple yet stunning.xx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card love the siple layout helps to focus on that pretty die cut tree!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Annie said...

I find simple elegant cards like this one so hard to do - and I absolutely love them. Yours is a beauty.
Love the layout the tree everything.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

amanda stokes said...

I really like this card,simple but very effective
hope you feel better soon
and congrats to your aunty on the arrival of baby jessica :)
hugs amanda xx

Whisper said...

Very simple, but very effective, love it and you've inspired me to get my Sizzix tree out!!!
I hope you feel better soon and congrats to your aunt and little jessica too, Luv Sam x

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Christmas tree!! Love the idea you've used for it and the nice clean lines makes this simple and stunning!! :)

Irene said...

What a simple but so so elegant and beatiful card. I love the colour combo of white and gold.
Your star on top of the fabby Christmas tree is just perfect for our challange.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

irene
Bah!Humbug! DT

Donna said...

This is so elegant Lisa and such a perfect colour match :) Donna x

Squirrel x said...

Wow hunny, superb card! Puts my entry for plain and simple in the shade! Hugs, Sxx

Annie said...

a beautiful elegant Christmas card! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas blog.
hugs, annie x

Faye said...

So beautiful.

melsanford said...

This is fab - really effective. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Max said...

Stunning - a real classic look with the gold and ivory. Love it!
Congratulations to your aunt on the new arrival Jessica ... I have a feeling Santa is going to be extra busy at her house this year.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lisa this is beautiful, classy and elegant I love the CAS style looks very expensive.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sharon said...

Hi Lisa, your card is so stylish! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh great card! stylish! thanks for joining in with our T for Tree challenge at ABC Christmas, Samantha :0)

Lorraine A said...

Gorggeous card Lisa :-) I love this stunningly simple card and the sentiment looks just fab to me !! :-)

Hope mum and baby are continuing to do well :-) Many congratulations to the new parents xx

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Annie said...

a fabulous festive card! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas blog.
hugs, annie x