Tuesday 7 September 2010

Pink owl?


Little Claire sent me this adorable little night owls stamp last week - isn't it cute?  This is actually just part of the stamp, there are 2 squares with different owl images so they could be used together or separately.

For some reason when I looked at this little owl, I decided he had to be done in pink and purple... then I added some orange too!  I've coloured it with promarkers, then used a koh-i-noor pencil blended with sansador for the sky, and a touch of sakura clear stardust pen on the stars.  The spotty pink paper is Doodlebug, and a piece of the orange cardstock has been embossed with the cuttlebug swiss dots folder.  Added a couple of punched flowers, with button centres and some dew drops to finish.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:

20 comments:

Lori said...

Cute, I love the pink and orange and the tiny little owl, perfect card Lisa!

Mel said...

aww I so love this!
I agree, he goes well with this colour theme!
Hugs Melly xxx

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Really love the colors on this card!! Beautifully done!! :)

kaylou said...

He's twit twoooowly gorgeous,(sorry).....he he he gorgeous hun.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo

Unknown said...

I really love your colours this is superfab. Mary x

Faye said...

I would never put these colours together but you've made it look gorgeous! xxx

Susie said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love the colour combo!! Thank you for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week xx

Lindsey said...

Love the pink owl! I love the colour combo too, really funky!
Linds x

Debs M said...

what a cutie, love the colours! x

Little K Smith said...

Love this card Lisa! Beautiful juicy colour combo and love the little owl!
Kelly.x

Anonymous said...

Love this!Fabulous colour combo and the pink owl is so sweet.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x

Lizzy said...

WOW lush colour combo...fab little image & ace layout xx Lizzy xx :)

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS......love this colour combo and sweet image!!!
xx

coops said...

wow, fanatstic card lisa.i love the funky owl and really great colours and papers :)

xx coops xx

melsanford said...

Fab card - I love the colours you've used. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Heike said...

Great card. The owl looks really good in this more unusual colour combination. x

Helen said...

Love it - the pink looks really good!

Helen x

Clare Lloyd said...

oooh lovely colour combo and great animal themed card. thanks for joining us @ PTD. Good Luck. X

Jill said...

gorgeous card Lisa I love your colour combo and the cute owl thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lisa what a little beauty firstly I just adore the colours and that image is adorable thank you so much for sharing this with us at Stamping Vacation
Hugs
Lorraine x