Monday 27 September 2010

Birthday Lulabelle


Here's another quick card, as that's all I've got time for at the moment!  This is Birthday Lulabelle from Digistamp Boutique, and she's available here if you'd like to own her too :o)  I've coloured her with promarkers, then added my usual shading and glow using koh-i-noor pencils blended with sansador.  The paper is Making Memories, with some very dark brown Papermill cardstock, ribbon from Little Claire, a button from my stash and a computer generated sentiment.

I'm not completely happy with how this turned out, as the bow seems to have a mind of it's own and looks a bit messy - it's also covering up the sentiment a bit too.  I might have another go at this sketch some time as I think I could have done better with it!

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:
Apologies for the flying visit, we've had a bit of a busy day as it was my eldest son's 8th birthday - I'm shattered!

18 comments:

Sandy O said...

Awww. what a cute image. I lve the way you shadowed her! Thank you for entering this weeks Digital Tuesday Challenge.

Lizzy said...

Lisa your card is gorgeous & perfect as it is hun...luv the yummy colours they remind me of Battenberg cake xx Lizzy xx :)

Jennifer said...

Love it Lisa! fab colouring, image & papers xx Jenny xx

amanda stokes said...

Oh i love this fab image and paper!
hugs amanda xx

Maria Matter said...

ooo, I like CAKE days! :)
totally adorable card Lisa!
Thanks so much for joining in @ Digital Tuesday!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. Sue x

Sue said...

Hi hun
fabulous card, luv the colour combo, great sentiment, sue,x

Claire said...

This is a great card with a great colour combo -love it! Hugs, Claire x

carol said...

super card, love the papers, young people's birthday celebrations does tend to do that to you!! hope they had a good day!
thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. challenge this week, x carol

Robin said...

Fab colouring on the image and love the paper you used! So sweet! Thanks so much for playing in My Partner in Crafting Crime's Clean and Simple Challenge!!!! Robin

coops said...

gorgeous card lisa.super image and i love the fab colours and paper.i love the bow and button :)

xx coops xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa wow thats a really love card love that image and the papers are fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

melsanford said...

Fab card- love the papers and the colouring. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Lindsey said...

Hi you! Love this card and the fab image. The sentiment is brilliant. Love the ribbon detail too. Gorgeous!
Linds x

Annette said...

Simply too cute! Thanks for joining us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week.

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, just love those colours! Cute button and bow too!
Kelly.x

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

Awesome card! Love the the DP too.
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week,
Kathie xx

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.