Tuesday 28 September 2010

A commissioned 40th card



I don't normally put this sort of commissioned card on my blog, as they're not totally 'me' (although I'm often asked for cards with photos), but I don't have anything else to show you today as I've only made this.  The request was for a 40th card with a football theme, in Manchester United colours... I had to google for the team strip lol... obviously I knew they played in red, but I'd assumed it was stripes and it's not, it's solid red - glad I checked!  Can you tell I don't 'do' football?!

I used photos supplied by my customer, plain red paper from my stash with black coredinations.  The football paper is from a Papermania pad, and I cut some footballs from the paper to carry on the theme on the inside. Computer generated sentiment on the front, and the one on the inside is from a Popcorn Bear set.




These pics are just to show the design and inside... it's quite simple really - I just made two 5" square cards and then stuck them together, so the middle panel is double layered.  Really easy and a handy one when you need to add lots of pics!

Apologies if I've not managed to visit you in the last couple of days - I've been trying to keep up with you all, but I'm not feeling very well and I'm also really busy... not a good combination!  I did get round some of you earlier, will try and do some more visiting this evening.

As I've used photos, I'm going to enter my card for the 'picture perfect' challenge at Lexi's Creations.


16 comments:

Faye said...

You can do anything you turn your hand to, can't you! This is just too cool! xxx P.S. Hope the birthday was fun! ;)

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
wow a fabulous card, they will luv it hun, stunning creation, sue,x

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! I love the zig-zag card and i really like this photo type card. I would have had to look up the football strip colours too, football ain't my bag! How did the birthday go?
Hope you are feeling better soon hun
Linds x

Kat said...

Great male card Lisa. I'm sure Mark will be delighted with it.

Apologies for not being a good blogger recently. I've not been good at visiting. Had my first DT kit for Simply Create, which was very exciting and I'm hoping to get time to post it this week.

Kat xx

Little K Smith said...

This is a great card Lisa, he'll love it!
Kelly.x

Lori said...

It's fantastic Lisa, I love seeing any creation of yours, so don't hide them away post everything!

melsanford said...

This is fab - love it! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

coops said...

fab card lisa.love how it opens out and great piccys :)
hope you feel better soon hun :)

xx coops xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, wow thats one fabulous card and your friends son is going to love it. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Jennifer said...

This is great Lisa! A real keepsake too xx Jenny xx

Janette said...

Brilliant card, what a fab keep sake, and for the best team in the world too...lol..xxx

Sheila said...

Lovely card - congrats on your Crafty Catz win too! Sheila:)X

carol said...

it looks great, sure they will love it, x carol

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet!! What a really clever idea!! I love it!

Lexi said...

Great card! I have so much problems doing male cards...this is fabulous:D Thanks for playing at LC

hugs Lexi xxx

Emma and Susan said...

Fabulous card, thanks for joining us at Lexi's this time.
Love and hugs
Susan and Emma
xxx