Sunday 5 September 2010

A few super quick cards


Hubby brought my box home from his work this weekend as it's looking a bit bare, so today I've made some quick cards to top it up a bit.  It's no good making anything particularly elaborate, as the simpler ones seem to sell better there... possibly because I don't charge as much for them!  There will probably be quite a few simple cards on my blog this week while I try and fill the box up.  I'm also trying to use some bits and pieces up that I've had sitting around for ages.

The first card is a bit of a cheat really!  It's just a sheet of paper (from a free Kate Knight pad that came with a magazine), with some cardstock from my stash, and some gems added to the flower centres.  The sentiment is a LOTV stamp from the girly A5 sheet of stamps.


Another 'cheat' card!  The image is a Penny Black stickeroo, so no stamping and colouring involved... I've got quite a few of these stickers and I never use them which seems a bit daft really, so I'm going to try and use them up.  The paper is a scrap from a K&Co sheet, green cardstock from my stash.  Added a Craftwork Cards sentiment and some card candy.


This one is based on an old sketch from the clean & simple blog.  The papers are scraps from some downloaded ones, but I'm not sure where from sorry... cardstock from my stash.  The sentiment stamp is from a Papermania birthday set, nestie stars, with buttons from my stash.

Nothing very exciting but I've managed these 3, plus another one nearly finished, plus a DT card today... and we went to Pav's mum's for dinner too!  Normally I sit down to make a quick card and shuffle things around and stare at papers and end up making one card, so I'm quite pleased really :o)  Hope you've all had a lovely weekend!

12 comments:

Debs M said...

nice and simple, they look lovely x

Lizzy said...

Fab cards hun...luv the colours on number 1 card xx Lizzy xx :)

Unknown said...

Even though they are clean and simple they look fantastic.
Chris x

Jackie said...

Lovely set of cards, especially the top one. CAS is good :o)
Jackie xx

Sarah said...

They are great, nice to make some quick ones for a change Hugs Sarah x

Unknown said...

Your cards are lovely. Mary x

Janette said...

They atre all fab cards,like them all.xx

melsanford said...

Lovely cards. They all look fab! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

coops said...

3 great cards lisa.they may be sinple but they are very effective.i love the 3rd one :)

xx coops xx

Lin said...

These are all gorgeous, but my favourite is that pink one with the flowers. So simple, yet so elegant.

Lin xx

Lindsey said...

Oh wow! You have been seriously productive, All totally fab. The simpler things are always the sellers in my boxes too!
Linds x
Ps, you know the baby card you did last week? I was wondering if you could remember the name of the font you used for the sentiment? It was lovely!

Whisper said...

As my OH would say less is more and they are all fabby - am going up to Yorkshire this weekend, so i will wave to you as i go pass on my way to Castleford, Luv Sam x