Friday 13 December 2013

What a day!!!

Well we've had a proper Friday 13th today!... All was going reasonably well, until I got a call from school mid-morning to tell me Dex had fallen, landed on his head and there was a lot of blood.  I dashed off to school in a mad panic, and by the time I got there he was feeling sick and sleepy... his coat was soaked with blood.  We took him to the children's hospital... not too much hanging around this time before we were seen, and then they settled him into a bed where he was snoring in seconds.  A few hours later they cleaned him up and patched his head with steri-strips, and said we could take him home, but as soon as we got home we realised his wound was bleeding again!  So back to the hospital, where they took off the steri-strips (the wound's too swollen for them apparently), put a small dressing on, and we've got to go back on Sunday to see if it needs glueing instead.

Right, sorry for all the rambling... onto today's card at last!  It's my Sugar Nellie DT day, and I've made yet another white easel card - sorry!




Items Used
White hammered card - Papermill Direct
Digi stamp - Sugar Nellie Warm Winter Wishes - Funky Kits
Colouring - copics
Nestabilities Grand Labels 1
Embossalicious Grande Dots embossing folder
Sentiment & snowflake stamps - Personal Impressions - Funky Kits
Impression Obsession snowflake die
Brad - The Hobby House
Glamour Dust in Crystal
Frantage in Shabby White

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
Simon Says - let it snow
Papertake Weekly - Christmas creatures
Cute Card Thursday - Christmas catch up
Wags n Whiskers - Christmas
Totally Papercrafts - non-traditional colours

Off to get Dex to bed, where I'll probably be checking on him every 5 minutes... Will be round for a bit of a catch up with you all too though!  Don't forget to check whether you won my candy yesterday, I've not heard from the winner yet.  Hope you all have a lovely evening :o)

25 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh no you must be so worried. I hope Dex is Ok.
Todays card is gorgeous. I love the image and your colouring looks fabulous.
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Awwww poor Dex - sounds like he (ad you!) have had a rotten day!

Bet if he ends up with a scar though he'll be really proud of it!!!

Gorgeous card - as always, been loving the white easel cards. They are so elegant.

Hope your weekend is better.

Sarah

Sarah said...

Oh...the poor little chap. Head wounds are always such a worry and incredibly bloody but they seem to recover fairly rapidly (based on past experience with two sons!). I never tire of your beautiful easel cards Lisa!! xx

Sammy said...

Poor Dex! There's nothing worse than a trip to the emergency room with your kids! At least you got seen quickly! Don't think we've ever had a wait less than 4 hours long! :-(

Love your card by the way... So adorable! x

Sue said...

Oh no poor Dex, it must have been really worrying for you. I hope the wound heals quickly and that Dex feel better too.
Your card is stunning Lisa, I love he cute image and wonderful design with such a beautiful sentiment too.
Take care
hugs Sue xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Poor Dex hope he feels better soon and it's not to painful for him. Great card as usual with such perfect colouring. Xx

Sharon said...

Hope your son is ok, it's so awful when something happens like this.
gorgeous card too.
sharon x

rachel said...

sounds like a terrible day Lisa - hope you have a restful night! Beautiful card xx

Sharon said...

I hope Dex feels much better in the morning. I think though that we as parents, always feel worse than they do.
Your image is so adorable and don't be sorry for making another easel card, they are gorgeous. Love the snowflake stamps.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Sharon. x

Melissa Bove said...

Awww, I hope Dex is ok! What a scary day it must have been for you all! Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!!

And your card is gorgeous!! Stunning!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Crafty Moone Cards said...

OMG poor Dexter,hope he's doing ok now? Beautiful card. Take care. Sue x

Wendy L said...


love this card, so cute.
kids are so resilient, big cuddles time though. xxx

Debs said...

Oh Lisa what a worry that must have been for you. Hope poor Dex is feeling better today and that the wound heals quickly. I used to get a phone call on a regular basis about my middle son Aaron - he was always so accident prone - not much better as he has got older lol!!!
Love your gorgeous card - fabulous design and sweet image.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Debs xx

Christine L said...

Oh wow... you really DID have a bad Friday 13th.... and poor Dexter... I can imagine how worried you were! I really hope he's feeling better today.. poor little lad..

And don't apologise for another white easel.... they're all stunning and i love them!

Hugs
Christine x

Jackie said...

Oh dear, poor Dex. I hope he is soon recovered from his ordeal...hugs.
What a gorgeous card, you really do need to stop apologising for them LOL. The image is so cute :o)
Jackie xx

Squirrel x said...

Crikey, that's the sort of Christmas surprise you could do without hun - hope Dex is better real soon. And don't ever apologise for your easel cards, I have loved every one, and this is no exception with those fabulous penguins. Gorgeous! Hugs xx

The Little Stamper said...

Oh my heart goes out to you and little Dexter Lisa. What a drama for you and so scary. I am sure you will have not slept a wink last night, but I hope that everything is going better for you today and good luck for the hospital tomorrow.

Sharon x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I hope Dex is feeling better by now and that your trip to the hospital tomorrow is ok, I'm sure it will be, kids are very resilient.
Lovely cute card, those penguins are adorable.
I have emailed you about the giveaway, sorry I have taken a couple of days it's been hectic here.
Thanks again
Lorraine

Lynsey said...

Hi Lisa, oh poor Dex and I can only imagine how worried you were. Hope he is on the mend now.
I love your sweet card btw!
Hugs Lynsey x

Maroeska said...

This card is so full of love, great job!

Whisper said...

Aaah what a sweetie and poor old Dexter too, Luv Sam x

Pia S said...

I do like these white designs of yours, Lisa! The image is adorable, and with all the white the colors pop out beautifully!

Annette said...

Wow gorgeous card, love the colouring on the wings.

I'm just catching up on my blogs so I really hope Dex is ok hun, you must be worried but I'm sure he'll be ok.

Hugs
Annette
xx

coops said...

so stunning lisa.i love the sweet penguins and fabulous design. :D
i hope Dex is better now.

xx coops xx

Kat W said...

Gorgeous card - it's such a fab shaped design and I love the cute penguins - fab textured colouring!
So sorry to hear about Dex but I'm very pleased to see from your later posts he's doing ok.
Big hugs, Kat xx