Sunday 29 December 2013

Gift card holders

Hello everyone :o)

I meant to make something new today, but we took the boys to see Frozen instead... we all loved it!  And then we were very naughty and got KFC, and I don't feel like making anything now lol.  So I thought I'd show one of the creations I didn't get round to blogging before Christmas...


I popped a little pocket on the back of these large tags, and used them as gift card holders - I'm always looking for nice ways to give money and gift cards, and I'm looking forward to having more options when the Cameo arrives!

Items Used
White linen card - Papermill Direct
Tag die - old one from Little Claire
Stitched border die - MFT Dienamics Blueprints 1
Memory Box Precious Stockings die
Cuttlebug embossing folders
Ric rac ribbon & pearls from my stash

Hopefully I'll be back with a new creation tomorrow... not sure what though!  Hope you all have a lovely evening :o)

17 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

These are so darling Lisa! Just wait until you get your machine...your crafting life will change so much!!! Good luck!

Sarah said...

Love them Lisa, great idea. If I remember in a year's time I might have to borrow!! xx

Squirrel x said...

These are brilliant hun, and such an original way to give gift cards. This will be going in the note book as an idea to "borrow" for 2014, if you don't mind (don't worry hun, mine won't be a patch on yours). Love your creativity. Hugs xx PS. Glad to hear you liked Frozen, it's on my to see list.

rachel said...

this looks brilliant Lisa - what a very clever idea! Big Hugs rachel x

Donna Mosley said...

These are fab Lisa, great idea. Will drop you an email hun re Cameo.

Donna x

heidy said...

Love these Lisa!!
XXX Heidy

Sue said...

These are fabulous, such a great design.
Glad you enjoyed the film.
hugs Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

These are very cute

gail said...

these are fab. Will have to try and remember them next year ! Hope you enjoyed your KFC. Gail x

Lynsey said...

Hi Lisa, these are a great idea for a gift card! Thanks for sharing such lovely inspiration!
Hugs Lynsey x

Jackie said...

What a lovely pair of gift card holders, I must try and remember them for next Christmas :o)
Jackie xx

Jan Jones said...

Oh, Lisa. These are so sweet!
You will love your Cameo - Santa brought mine and its FAB!!!
See you soon.
Jan x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are a great idea Lisa, you have given me a lot of great inspiration over the last few months since I have been blogging, thanks.
You will really enjoy your Cameo, I have had mine for about a year now and have only just scratched the surface with it, it's so versatile. I made lots of 3D gifts and boxes this year for presents, in fact today's Blog post shows one of them.
lorraine

Mau xx said...

Glad you had a great time Lisa, You enjoy your family sweetie, they grow up so fast don't miss a chance to have fun xxxxx
Great Tags :o))
Hope 2014 is wonderful for you all.
hugs Mau xx

Pia S said...

My goal for 2014 is to make more tags! and I want to make my own gift tags for all Christmas presents this year. This design I think would be suitable for mass production, it's really effective with die cut elements against an embossed background.

Christine L said...

These are fab Lisa... and what a brilliant idea!!

Now.... next question..... where did you get your MFT blueprints from? are they in this country yet??

Big hugs
Christine x

coops said...

these are gorgeous lisa.i love the sweet stockings ;D

xx coops xx