Monday 17 January 2011

Valentine bird - for a birthday


I know, not like me to post twice in one day is it?!  Scroll down to see my pencil coloured creation for Crafty Cardmakers.

I had an order from one of my regular customers for a birthday card for her mum, and conveniently Sally-Ann released these stunning Digistamp Boutique Valentine Bird images at the perfect time - I had a feeling my customer would like them and she did :o)  I know they're meant to be valentines images, but I think they work really well for birthdays too.

I've used black & white papers (the mainly white one is Doodlebug, spotty one is Papermania), with bright pink Papermill cardstock.  The flowers were cut with and x-cut punch, with spotty button centres.  Ric rac ribbon from my stash, and the 'mum' sentiment is from here, with a teeny pink heart pearl in the centre.

I've followed the sketch at Mojo Monday so I'm entering my card there.

29 comments:

Debs M said...

love the colours and bp's, fabulous!

CraftinGranny said...

Such a cutie Lisa! Fab colors and LO. Good luck in the challenges. "Hugs" Carol

Claire said...

Stunning card Lisa, love the colours and fab image. Hugs, Claire x

Louise said...

Love it - it's very striking x

Sue said...

Hi hun
two fabulous cards, luv the colour combo on this one, sue,x

Lorraine said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors you used, the spotty button center and the rickrack ribbon.

Sarpreet said...

Absolutley gorgeous card, beautiful image

Kelly Schelske said...

How cute, fun colors too Lisa, great card!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous Lisa...love the pink/blk/wht xx Jenny xx

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! Love the image printed on the linen card x

lou said...

fabulous card - love the colour combo and the image. xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lisa, love this card fab colour combo and adorable little birdie.


Donna x

Whisper said...

Oh what a sweetie, Luv Sam x

Cazza said...

Another STUNNER hon!! Love it :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is adorable!

debby4000 said...

What a cute, gorgeous card Lisa.
luv
Debby

coops said...

this is fabulous lisa.the image is fab and i love the striking colour combo :D

xx coops xx

Lin said...

This is a WOW card. Loving that gorgeous vibrant pink and the cute layout.

Lin xx

pickle said...

Absolutely 100% gorgeous ...love the color combo it's really striking
Kerry x

Lynsey said...

Fantastic card Lisa! Love the bright colours.
Hugs Lynsey x

Deborah Frings said...

Great card - love the colours!

Liz McGuire, said...

Pink and black, very striking. Love it.

Liz x

The Little Stamper said...

Love this card and the colour combi is great!

Sharon x

melsanford said...

This is beautiful! Love the colours - stunning! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Helen said...

Love it! Great colours and layout.

Helen x

Faye said...

Lush, totally lush! Can you tell how much I like it? xxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely layout hun and what gorgeous colors and images!! Totally fab and chic!! I love it!! TFS!! HUGS

Juls said...

so so so soooooooooooo STUNNING!!!!! I love these colours together!! That bird is too cute and the rick rack ribbon is just fabulous!!! Hugs Juls

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

Fabulous! Loving the colour combo and the layout.