Tuesday 25 January 2011

DIY Alf birthday


I've used the lovely Alf in DIY mode for this card - he's available here at Digistamp Boutique.  It's for my mum's fiance, who ALWAYS seems to be fixing or fitting something whenever we go round... of course, he could just be avoiding us lol... I'm actually quite happy with this card for a change, although the photo's not the best.

I've coloured Alf with promarkers and added some 'glow' using koh-i-noor pencils.  The papers are digi ones, possibly from the Sweet Shoppe, printed onto linen card, with navy Papermill cardstock.  I've added my favourite 'primitive star' die, and Stampin Up word window punch, and a button from my stash.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:
Still not made anything with my Cricut... although I have cut a few things, I was finding it impossible to get anything off of the sticky mat once I'd cut it, so I ordered a Cricut spatula on Ebay and that's come today... so maybe I'll actually cut something properly later :o)

22 comments:

Amanda said...

He is fab and I love the 'glow'. A very clean, none fussy card. Lovely x

Claire said...

Brilliant card Lisa, I love these Alf images, great colours and lovely papers. Thanks for playing along with SS&S this time. Hugs, Claire x

gina g said...

Fabulous card Lisa what a great image that is too. luv gina xx

Vicky said...

Brilliant card Lisa, such a fun image and loving your dp's and great star too :o)

Hugs Vicky xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, I found the same problem when I first use the mat it does get easy as you use it more. I do love your male card, hes real fun and such a useful image. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Anonymous said...

Great male card Lisa, love the image.
Sue x

Annie said...

a great guy card and a fun image!
hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

Fab card Lisa; I love the Alf images. Perfect papers and I love the 'glow' too. xx

Jennifer said...

Great card Lisa. Alf looks fab and the papers are great for a blokey card xx Jenny xx

Kat said...

Great male card Lisa. Love that image it's so much fun!

Kat xx

Debs M said...

great card, loving the shading x

Jules said...

Hi Lisa

Wow you have certainly been one busy lady recently .. .. I have missed so much. that will teach me to be absent from blogland for so long.

Lots of lovely makes. Particularly love your gorgeous duck card from the other day.

This creation is great too. Love your image and beautiful papers and layout.

As regards your sticky Cricut mat. If your card is fairly smooth it isn't usually such a problem in the beginning. It is more the rougher felt type ones that I find stick a bit too much. You can take some of the sticky away by keep pressing the palms of your hand across the sticky area .. .. but that always seems a shame.

Love Jules xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lisa, love this fab card. The DIY image is great.
Perfectly coloured as always and love the papers.

Donna x

Cazza said...

A fab card honey! I love your layout and papers you've used :o)

Can't wait to see what you've made with your cricut :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Cheryl said...

This is such an excellent, masculine card! I love the papers you used.

melsanford said...

This is fab! Love the layout and the image is brilliant :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous Alf card. You will find the cricut mat will lose some of the stickiness, thats why I hate using a new mat.
luv
Debby

coops said...

fantastic male card lisa..love the fab backing papers and vibrant colours and the image is great :D

xx coops xx

Lindsey said...

Great card, you colouring is perfect and I love the sketch....might have to try this one!
Linds x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Tis utterly fab...loving the style and DP....stunning...xx

Donna said...

Haha you did Alf too lol! Fab card Lisa and such a brill design :) Donna x

Juls said...

FAB!!! Loving the layout and the big star!! Hugs Juls