Tuesday 11 January 2011

Something a bit different for me

 

Ok, from the first pic it doesn't look like it's a particularly different card for me... but if you look at the second photo....


... you'll see that the window stamp opens out onto an outdoor scene.  I'm not really one for making 'interactive' types of cards usually, and me and my craft knife are not the best of friends!  I'm reasonably happy with how this turned out though.

This is one of the new stamps from Little Claire, which Steve will be demonstrating on Create & Craft TV tomorrow from 11am.  My cards with the new stamps won't be demoed though, because I was uselessly ill while I should have been making my samples, and so mine are late :o(  The new stamps are all from a new range called 'a room with a view' which all have window and door stamps that you can have opening, or just use the scene stamps as you would with a normal stamp.

I've coloured the image with promarkers and then added shading and glow using koh-i-noor pencils blended with sansador.  The paper is from a Forever Friends pad, with coredinations cardstock.  Flowers punched using an x-cut punch, green pearls from my stash.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:

27 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

Oh my, what a brilliant idea, superb card.

Liz x

Unknown said...

Wow Wow Wow i wish this had been my idea. Mary x

Amanda said...

What a great idea, a little surprise for the recipient.
Amanda

Sue said...

Hi Lisa
oh wow hun i luv it, a fabulous card, luv the opening window, fab papers & desing, sue,x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Lisa. What can I say but AMAZING and I LOVE it. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Lynsey said...

Lisa your card is wonderful!
Hugs Lynsey x

Faye said...

Wow, wow, wow! And in case you didn't get it, wow! xxx

Vicky said...

HIya Lisa!

Ahhh just so wonderful hun and isn't it great to do something a little different :o)

Hugs Vicky xx

Claire said...

Thia is fab Lisa - I love the image and I had a feeling those shutters might open LOL. Lovely choice of colours too. Hugs, Claire x

Anonymous said...

Lisa, this is gorgeous! I love the whole thing; it's like looking outside on a beautiful Spring day. The colours and papers are perfect.

Louise said...

Love it - it looks really fresh. The koh-i-noor pencils are really effective xx

Fiona said...

wow this is so cool...fab!!

Fi
x

Janette said...

Oh I really like this, love doors and windows that open to reveal something...lol....fab card.xx

Denise said...

Abolutely love this great card!!

Denise xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lisa, this is a lovely creation. I love card that have a surprise element. Gorgeous colour combo & fab colouring.

Donna x

Kat said...

Wow Lisa this is stunning. Love it, what a clever idea. Must record the programme tomorrow since I'll be at work.

Kat xx

Cazza said...

Ooooo Lisa you clever little thing - this is FAB hon!! I love that the window shutters open to the 'outside', what a great idea!! And it's so pretty too, love it :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Maria Moorhouse said...

Hi Lisa,Really great card,cool image!
Happy crafting! x

Jules said...

Hi Lisa

Gorgeous make.

I am not too nifty with a craft knife .. .. LOL!!

Great colours.

Will have to put the programme on to record and see what everyone else came up with.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Sue x

Jackie said...

Fantastic card, I love it :o)
Jackie xx

Juls said...

this is very sweet! Love the little scene in the background, and the pearl detail! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous image!! I so love this with the colors!! ;) HUGS

coops said...

fabulous card lisa.the image is gorgeous and i love how the shutters open up, very clever :D

xx coops xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Lisa this is excellent, I love that window scene it looks super so does the papers and that image, I love it.
hugs
Lorraine x

melsanford said...

Oh wow! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love it :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Lin said...

Lisa, I just love the softness of this card. It's very restful and a real treat for the eyes.

Lin xx