Sunday 9 January 2011

New stamps from Little Claire


Here's a card made with this month's Little Claire club stamp set, which is a great little set called 'dog in window' with main stamps, sentiments and little extras.  There are a few changes happening at Little Claire over the next month or so... my role is changing slightly, and there'll be less sample cards from me for a while, as I'll be setting up and running the new challenges that will be starting next month... all very exciting if a little daunting :o)  So keep an eye on the Little Claire blog as there'll be some blog candy there in the run up to the challenges starting.

Sooo... onto my card!  I had intended to use the window stamp that comes with the set, stamped on acetate... but I'm afraid I failed completely and just couldn't stamp properly on the acetate at all.... and believe me I tried... and went through a few sheets of acetate in the process.  Some of the other DT members are obviously far better stampers than I am though, because they've managed it just fine!  So mine is just the room scene with no window over the top, coloured with promarkers.  The papers are MME, with dark brown Papermill cardstock, flowers cut with an x-cut punch, with card candy centres.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:
Apologies for being so hopeless at returning your comments over the last couple of days - I'm still suffering with a big lack of mojo and motivation, and it was my youngest son's 3rd birthday yesterday, so it's been a bit busy.  Going to try and visit as many of you as I can now, before I march myself up to the craft room and try and get something done!

33 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi, lovely card, very cute image. I have never been able to stamp on card so acetate would have scared me into silence, hubby would have thought that was a good thing. Your stamping always looks amazing.
Amanda x

Little K Smith said...

Aaaww sweet card Lisa, a lovely image and fab dotty papers too!
Kelly.x

amanda stokes said...

Hi Lisa!
Fab card the paper's go really well with the image.Good luck with your new role i'm sure you'll do jusy fine :)
hugs amanda xx

CraftyC said...

Such a sweet card Lisa. Happy birthday to your son to. Thanks for joining us at this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairexx

Lindsey said...

Wow this is lovely! Where are those stunning papers from? Love the image too.
Hope you are beginnig to feel a bit more human now! Great news about your new challeng blog!
Linds x

Liz McGuire, said...

This is lovely, great colours.

Liz x

Vicky said...

Hiya Lisa!

Fabulous card hun!, super cute image and I love the papers too :o)

Hope you are well!
Hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Lisa.
Sue x

Unknown said...

Fabulous colour combo. Mary x

craftymum said...

Super card Lisa. Love the colour combo
Sarah X

Jules said...

Hi Lisa

A lovely card. Acetate can be a bit of a pain at the best of times .. .. someone told me you can clean wrongly stamped images off and start again .. .. but I have never tried.

Your colour choices are lovely here as is your layout.

Best of luck in setting up the challenge. I am sure you will do just fine.

Hope the birthday celebrations went well.

Love Jules xx

Debs M said...

lovely card, i have never tried stamping on acetate...it scares me!
good luck in your new role x

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable hun!! I really love your soft tan colors on this!! TFS! HUGs

Susie said...

Great card Lisa, what a cute stamp! I can really sympathise with the lack of crafty mojo...I haven't done anything for 3 weeks now due to illness, Xmas etc...and it took me hours to come up with a card for my DT challenge!!! Hope it comes more easily next time :(

Hugs
Susie xx

Pami said...

This is a fabulous card, I love the image and the papers are very cool! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

Juls said...

so gorgeous!!! Loving your combo of all those fab dotty papers! Hugs Juls

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love that image its so cute, and your colour choice is fabulous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, Ah this is a super card, it looks great. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Louise said...

Great card, Lisa x
Good luck setting up the blog challenges :)

Helen said...

Great card, Lisa. I didn't even try stamping on acetate - I've had a go before and couldn't manage it!!

Helen x

Lynsey said...

Hi Lisa your card is lovely! The colours are great for the image.
Hugs Lynsey x

Donna Mosley said...

Hiya Lisa, very lovely card and fab papers. I just love these new stamps. Hope the birthday boy had a lovely day.

Donna x

Cazza said...

Lisa this is such a fab card hon! I love the stamp, papers and clean lines, wicked!

Happy Birthday to Dex for yesterday and hope you're feeling better now?

Taks Care, big hugs,
Cazza
xxx

coops said...

gorgeous card lisa.the image is fab and i love the mme papers and layout.

xx coops xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Lisa i love the image and papers. luv gina xx

Sarpreet said...

This is really gorgeous - I love your blog. Sorry I have not been around in a while. I also wanted to wish you a very Happy New year - if I have not already done so.

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, gorgeous card Lisa.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

Brilliant card, lovely colours :o)
Jackie xx

Deborah Frings said...

So cute!!

melsanford said...

Fab image! I love the colours and the papers :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm absolutely bowled over by this image and by the gorgeous tonal card you've made with it.

Milliesmarvels said...

Fabulous card! The colours are so warm and inviting!
Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge!
Jane
x

Julie said...

Great card, Lisa!! Fab layout and colour scheme!! Thanks for joining us this week at CES challenges! Juliexx