Sunday 6 December 2009

Sketch Saturday etc


This is a card that a friend asked me for - it's for a 10yr old girl who likes dogs, hopefully this will be ok.

The image is a digi stamp from Digistamp Boutique, coloured with promarkers and cut out with nestie squares. The papers are K&Co and I've used 3 different shades of purple cardstock, some is coredinations and some bazzill. The flowers were cut from co-ordinating K&Co paper using a X-cut punch with little purple brad centres - I've added a little star charm hanging from a brad behind one of the flowers. I'd intended to attach the charm with some chain but couldn't find my wire clippers in the chaos that is my craft room, so I ended up having to use some thread instead! Ribbon from stash and a computer generated sentiment.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:

I've added this card onto the same post and I'm not entering it for any challenges, because I don't think I really like it! Although it would also fit the Caardvarks digital one I suppose. I've used a digi stamp from Charmed Cards & Crafts coloured with promarkers. The papers are Doodlebug - I bought lots of different Doodlebug papers last week although I really don't need anymore papers, but I couldn't help myself! The blue cardstock is coredinations. I added a diecut sentiment (not sure where from) and then wrote DAD in white pen on the 'blackboard'. I really love the bright papers, but the card doesn't really work for me, even though I followed the sketch from Papertake that I used on a card I liked last week!



16 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Lisa

Another beautiful creation.

I love your card and that super cute image.

Thank you for bringing your "purple" along to Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Squirrel x said...

Hi Lisa, the puppy dog card is super cute and I really like the dad card, it's pretty cool! Hugs, Squirrel xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa I really love your dog card for your friend and the Dad card is great too! nothing wrong with it But I do know what you mean I sometimes make cards and then don't like them! lol! How is Dex today? hope you have had a better day today! I had a thought about the bath to do you have a shower like an ensuite? maybe you could sit him in the bottom with his legs out and put in some toys too?
Samantha :0)

Oh ps! your welcome about the other messages!
Just felt for you all! I remember something simular happening to my son when he was little but it hell on his head!... :0( but he ok :0)

Victoria said...

gorgeous card - a girl can NEVER have too many papers!!!
Victoria
x

coops said...

2 brilliant cards, love the images you`ve used and fab papers.love em both.luv coops.xx

Patricia St Martin said...

I do love your soft colors. But both card are very nice. I do know what you mean sometime it just does not look good to you but other think it is nice.

Kat said...

I love the doggy card I'm sure the 10 year old will love it. I love the Dad one too but the doggy is my favourite. I agree that you can never have too many papers. I went to a crop yesterday and came back with some Christmas papers and I don't "need" them either!

Kat x

Lori said...

I think both of these cards are super cute! I know that we are always so critical of our own work! Really, these are nice :)
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Donnas Den said...

I like both your cards Lisa. I think the male card is a great example.

Donna

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa two beautiful cards, love the male especially its fantastic. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Gro said...

Beautiful card. Love your image.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

so love both your cards especially the puppy one its gorgeous........K x

Mina said...

great cards Lisa...the puppy one is so sweet and cute and what a great Dad card any Dad would love it
Mina xxx

Sue-ann said...

Very very cute!

Timcso said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful the papers and the colours! Cute the image!

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!:)

Tímea and DT

Chris said...

Gorgeous cards and such sweet images. Love your colouring and designs. Glad you could join us at CC this time. Chris :)