Friday 18 December 2009

Friday Sketchers etc


I think these might actually be the last of my card orders, I just need to put the sentiments on - I wanted to get them on here though because I followed the sketch at Friday Sketchers and I'm not sure what time they have to be entered by. Now that I've seen the pictures, I'm not all that happy with my colouring - I've not blended very well! But in my defense, the light has been particularly bad today. It's snowed a little and we're meant to have more overnight - Morgan will be pleased if we do! Dex hated the snow last year, I wonder if he'll like it more now. Anyway, onto the cards....

1st card - The image is a Stampavie stamp that I was very tempted by, but my lovely blogging friend Squirrel kindly offered to stamp a few for me. I've coloured it with promarkers. The papers are Sandylion, with some shimmery gold cardstock from my stash. The pinwheel flower thingies are cut with a sizzix die, with card candy centres. The snowflake is the cuttlebug icicle die with a flat back pearl centre.

2nd card - same image as before. I'm not sure what the papers are, I bought them in a local craft shop - I bought the shimmery pink cardstock at the same time. The little snowflakes were freebies in with an order from Dies To Die For, with some glamour dust and gems added. Big snowflake is the cuttlebug icicle die with a flat back pearl centre.

3rd card - same image again. DCWV papers and cardstock. The snowflake/ flower thingies are large cuttlebug icicle snowflakes that I've cut down and coated in glamour dust, with some felt flowers and brad centres. Large snowflake is the cuttlebug icicle die again, with a big gem centre.
Now I just need to get on with a couple of family birthday cards, and then get the last of our Christmas cards done - most of mine had to wait until my orders were all done, and as I'm running out of time, I've been panicking slightly!
I'm also entering the following challenges:

17 comments:

Patricia St Martin said...

Lisa, that card is so sweet, I just love it. Both colors are really nice. Those little nice are really cute.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards LIsa, love this image, Sue x

annes paperfun said...

Beautiful card and so cute motif!
Thank you for joining us at Sketchy Color this week - good luck!
Hugs Anne

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya. Both of these are so cute. I love the image and the colours and designs show them off perfectly.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card, beautiful cute image.
luv
Debby

Cheryl said...

Oh so adorable,I love this image and your papers are beautiful!!!
Hugs xx

Michele Spera said...

what a sweet image! love the different color variations!! really nice cards:-)
Xmichele

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, wow two fabulous cards, love the colouring its gorgeous. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Susie Sugar said...

Adorable darling
Thanks for joining us at Susie's Sassy Challenge this week.
Merry Christmas
Hugs Susie xx

Anonymous said...

This is the most adorable image ever! So sweet, thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!!
smiles,Deena

coops said...

wow, 2 absolutely stunning cards, gorgeous image and love your layouts and embellies.fab colours too.luv coops.xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These cards are all beautiful!! The use of that adorable image and then changing the papers, changes the entire look.

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with this lovely card!

Enjoy Christmas!

Saskia :)

Tracy said...

Cute choice of image,great cards. thanks for joining Susie's sassy challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Beautiful cards, love the image and the layout and super papers. Love em all. Thankyou for joining in Susie's Sassy Challenge this week.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Claire Phillips said...

A really lovely project - so cute! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations! Have a wonderful Christmas. Cheers Claire x

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card. The image is perfect and the paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x