Friday 16 May 2014

Golden Nectar - Sugar Nellie DT

Hello everyone :o)

I'm here with my Sugar Nellie DT card, using one of the very pretty fairies from the Return to Fairy Glen range.


I'm not at all happy with my colouring on this one - a few of my favourite copics have run out so I had to use different ones, and it just doesn't look right!

Items Used
Stamp - Sugar Nellie Golden Nectar - Funky Kits
(also available as a digi stamp)
Colouring - copics
Paper - Echo Park Beautiful Life - Craft Mojo
MFT Die-namics Blueprints 1 - Craft Mojo
Sentiment stamps - Clearly Besotted
Wink of Stella Brush Glitter Marker (on wings) - Craft Mojo

You might remember on last week's Sugar Nellie card, I tried to make the cat look like my auntie's little Cornish Rex, Barry... well the poor thing was hit by a car and killed yesterday, he wasn't even a year old.  It wasn't the driver's fault - a dog chased him into the road - and he did go straight to Di's to let her know, so at least she wasn't left wondering... so sad though, he was such a funny little character.  I'm wondering about maybe making a little card for her, but we're not a gushy sentimental family really... well, ok, I probably am a bit, but the rest of the family aren't!

Anyway, I'll be round for a commenting catch up later... Hope you all have a lovely evening :o)

19 comments:

Sarah said...

You are far too self critical Lisa, this is a beautiful card!! What a tragic thing to happen to the poor kitty but, as you said, your Aunt knows what happened and was able to say her goodbyes xx

Carole Pollard said...

Great card I think the colours are just fine love the stamp perfect I'd send a card cos I'm a softie love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous & sweet x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I was thinking just how well your colouring matched the design papers so don't be too hard on yourself Lisa. A very pretty card.
Lorraine

Debra K. said...

Gorgeous card! The colouring looks fab to me as it matches the papers beautifully.
So sorry to hear about Barry. It was good of the driver to tell your Aunt, not many do. I hope one day she'll feel able to give another cat a happy life as I'm sure she did with Barry. Debra x

carol said...

Hi Lisa...ooh adorable card and i love the BP x carol

Annette said...

Oh Lisa, I'm really sad to hear about Barry. I'd be so heartbroken if that happened to my Arnie.

On a brighter note, your card is lovely. Fab colouring and I really do love these fairy glen images.

Have a lovely weekend honey.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, the image is just so cute, love it. Aww! sorry to hear about your Aunty's cat hun.

Donna x

Whisper said...

Aaah what an absolute sweetie and i think the colours are great.

Sorry to hear about your aunts cat, enjoy the weather and have a good weekend, Luv Sam x

Little K Smith said...

This is beautiful Lisa, I adore this SN fairy :)
Have a lovely weekend :)
Kelly.x

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Lisa, I love the image and your colouring looks fabulous to me.
I am sorry to hear about your Auntie's cat, she must be heartbroken.
hugs Sue xx

rachel said...

gorgeous card Lisa - so sorry about Barry xx

Sharon said...

Love the colour Lisa and she is so adorable.
I am sorry to hear about the cat. You see so many cats running out into the roads its bound to happen but heartbreaking for the owners. Both my cats stay indoors.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Sharon. x

Jackie said...

What's the matter with your colouring, looks great to me. I think between you and Squirrel, you must both have just about every cute image available :o)
Poor pussy cat!
Jackie xx

susiestacey said...

Sorry to hear about the cat.
Lovely card Lisa, l have these stamps and they are so sweet x Susan x

Anneke said...

Lovely card! Hugs Anneke

Kat W said...

She looks beautifully coloured to me and I love the sunny shades - matching the weather for once! It's a very pretty design and the little 'stitch' die cut strips look great :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Pia S said...

I like the colors you chose for the coloring of this image, and they go so well with the papers. I think this is beautiful, Lisa!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

That's so sad about your auntie's cat, how awful!
Your card is really beautiful. I love the fairy and the gorgeous colour scheme.
Rebecca.