Monday 25 October 2010

Crafty Cardmakers spotlight - digi plus


Time for this fortnight's spotlight challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and this time we're doing 'digi plus', so basically we want to see you do something different with digis, something other than just printing a single image and colouring it in... Hope that makes sense - if not, go to the challenge blog where I'm sure Vix will have done a much better job of explaining things!  You'll also find much better digi plus examples from the rest of the DT there too :o)

Now I'm not a very technical type, but I wanted to have a go at this!  My attempts at merging have generally been a disaster, with the occasional flukey success.  Sooo I decided to make my own paper - it's all done in Word, using the 'Cheers' image available from Digistamp Boutique here.  I've just added the image to the page multiple times, making them different sizes and rotating them until I was fairly happy with the result... then I added stars using the shape function on Word, and made them different sizes and colours.  Colouring images digitally is totally beyond me, so at this stage I printed the page onto linen card and coloured the 'cheers' images in with promarkers, adding some stickles for a bit of sparkle.

The main image I've used is also from Digistamp Boutique - this is Alf and Beer, and I've coloured him with promarkers, with some added shading and glow using koh-i-noor pencils blended with sansador.  Cardstock is coredinations and I added some raffia trim to finish.  After spending so long getting the paper right, I didn't want to cover too much of it up :o)

I'm also entering my card for the following challenges:
My 8yr old son thinks this card is hilarious because... in my full of cold and slightly feverish state, I managed to stick everything down the wrong way and my card now opens from the left... oops!

37 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

Great card !! lovely !
greetings, martina
x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, you can put it into the CFM challenge as it Anything goes, fabulous image hes just right for a male who loves his booze. Love the papers to. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Claire said...

I love this image and its such a fab card too (even if it does open the wrong way! LOL)! Hugs, Claire x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, glad you decided to enter your card into our challenge, as Ive said its a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Lindsey said...

Oh wow Lisa! I could never do this! Love the paper it's such a great idea and the image is brilliant too.
Hope you are feeling better?
Linds x

Michele Spera said...

really nice job on this card:-) Love the ribbon trim behind it and the shading is really nice too!
XMicheleX

Cor* said...

LOL- the first thing I said when I saw your card (before reading anything) was "Wow, where'd she get that paper?" Totally totally awesome. love it and the perfect lil man to go with!!

Cheryl said...

WOW love it,your colouring is FANTASTIC and that DP looks fab!!!
xx

Joey said...

Great card Lisa, love the glow you have around him. Joey.xx

Louise said...

Wow, it's great - well done with the 'techno' bit - I thought you had downloaded the backing paper!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I LOVE THIS!! What a really fun creation!! Your coloring is fantastic!! TFS! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow am I impressed! You use the same method as me - Word, lol. Except you've done a much better job than I ever do - my images are all in straight lines and yours seem to be all over. Great card. xx

Robin said...

Really adds great texture to your card! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

craftymum said...

Love this card Lisa. You have coloured it so well.
Might have to get this image!
hugs sarah x

CraftyC said...

I love your card Lisa & the backing paper is fantastic. Hope your feeling better soon!
Clairex

Di said...

Great male card, love the image and i've just GOT TO have a go at doing some backing papers like this, love it. Di,xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lisa
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
hugs Dianne xx

Annie said...

such a fabulous man card!
hugs, annie x

Debs M said...

wow, well done it looks fab! x

Vicky said...

Fantastic male card Lisa!, just love the backing paper!, just brill!
hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! Impressive stuff! I love this xx

Little K Smith said...

Ha ha! Love these images! Fab card Lisa and love the paper too, well done!
Kelly.x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Delightfully fabulous....xx

Anonymous said...

This is an absolutely fantastic guy card! I am going to have to look into those images - if they are all as fun as this one is, I'll be hooked! Thanks for playing with us at the Corrosive Challenge blog.

Message Keeper said...

This is nice and matching background! I like how you put the net behind the image.

coops said...

fantastic male card lisa.brilliant image and love how you have done your background paper, fabulous :D

xx coops xx

Juls said...

this is such a fun card! Love it!!! Hugs Juls

Faye said...

Oh hun, you are feeling ruff aren't you?! Now, no more doubting yourself, as if your cards are bad, then what hope do I have?! I think your backing paper is fabulous, you've inspired me to give it a try. I think this is a totally fab card. So there. Hope you feel better soon. xxx

melsanford said...

This is fab! Just love the paper! And your colouring is great :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Lin said...

Lisa I love this. Your backing paper is very clever and just sets your image off a treat.

He reminds me a little of my lovely late Dad. Although Dad couldn't drink beer cos it gave him wind! LOL

Lin xx

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card, love the paper you made, very clever! Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men and The Corrosive Challenge Blog xxx

Anonymous said...

Love this card! SUPER! That image is A+

Annika said...

Such a gorgeous card - what a wonderful work! Your colouring is jaw-dropping!
Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something for our Digi Something challenge! :)
Hugs
Annika

Eiglas said...

Excellent work Lisa! You never have the confidence in your stuff that you should have! This stands up to anyone in the team's work no bother! And your own design backing paper is fab too!
Great male card too which is another plus!
Hugs
Ei
x

Kym Weber said...

What a cute card! Love the image! Your coloring is amazing! Awesome job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cards For Men. Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge.

~Hugs~Kym

Made by Mandy said...

You have created a lovely backing paper and I don't blame you for not wanting to cover it up.

You could say you have made the card the wrong way round on purpose to tell if the recipient is sober or not! LOL

Hope you are feeling better and sending you lots of love and hugs xxx

Jackie said...

Oh what a fab card, I love it and so would my Grandson :o)
Jackie xx