Thursday 11 February 2010

Prairie Fairy blog hop & valentine's challenge!


Welcome....
to Prairie Fairy's 1st DT Blog Hop! If you came here from Sarabeth's blog then you are on the right track!
If you would like to start at the top of the hop, start here
Here's my creation for the hop and Fairy Fun Fridays valentine's challenge:



I've used the fab Lover Boy image, coloured with promarkers. I cut him out and mounted him on a pale lilac circle and mounted that onto a light brown blossom nestie. The papers are DCWV, with coredinations & papermania cardstock. The border was cut with the MS zig zag border punch and I layered a lilac spotty ribbon on top, and cut it slightly wider than the cardstock so that it would overlap the edges. The sentiment is a Pink Petticoat download printed onto the pale lilac cardstock. Added some card candy dots to finish.

This card seems tiny to me - I'm used to making 6x6, 5x7 and lately loads of 8x8, but this one is a teeny A2 sized that I've cut so that the fold is at the top, because I've never done one before and I fancied a change! I'm giving this one to my 7yr old son Morgan, who is very excited to be a junior Guest Designer this month at Fairy Fun Fridays. You can see his card here and he also has a special Kid's Candy on his blog if you know any children who'd like to win it, or who you'd like to win it for. There is also candy available on my blog, have a look HERE if you'd like to enter!

Now onto the hop! Here's the hop list:

1. Prairie Fairy group at PCP

2. Coldwaters

3. Crafting Creatively

4. Free For Ever

5. Glitterbabe

6. Good Karma

7. Just Ducky

8. Kelly's Kreative Korner

9. My Comfort Cottage

10. My Creative Place

11. Oh Bumble Is Me

12. Pink Lilacs

13. Scrapcandy

14. Scraphappie

15. Wishcraft

16. Prairie Fairy Fridays

Prairie Fairy

The hop begins at midnight tonight (Prairie Fairy time) and will end at 9pm on Valentine's Day. From midnight tonight until midnight Friday, there will be a FREE Prairie Fairy digital stamp that you can download at the Prairie Fairy PCP group.

The winner of the hop will receive all of this:


PLUS 4 Prairie Fairy digital stamps!
All you have to do to win is:
Leave a comment at all the hop spots for 1 entry.
Become a follower of our challenge group for a second entry.
Join the PCP group for a third entry.
Earn 5 entries if you show us a new creation that has a Valentine's theme and uses a Prairie Fairy image.
HAVE FUN!!

I'm also entering my card for the following challenges:

59 comments:

Sammye Jo said...

So cute!!! love the little kitty :) Thanks for playing with us at DCRU!!

Sammye Jo

DCRU DT

Unknown said...

Oh LISA LISA! Too cute! OMG!

Sheri Gilson said...

What a sweet Valentine!! He is too cute!! I love the nestie layer you used!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at DCRU and TPE this week!!
Sheri~DCRU DT & TPE DT

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Very cute! That DP is perfect and I love how you colored the image.

Linda . J said...

Beautiful creation Lisa and I love the design.
Hugs Fairy Sister Linda

*Alison* said...

okay.. I just love the colors you picked and your card design is amazing.. I am crossing my fingers AND TOES that I win.. thanks for the chance.. HUGS

Tracy said...

Ohhh looks like Im first to comment.. great card and well coloured.

Sue said...

cute card and love the paper used.Fab coluring! x

Beccy said...

Fabulous card love the paper.

Beccy x

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card, love the way youve coloured it and the papers and design are gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxxx

Melissa Craig said...

This is sooo cute! What an adorable image and I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I appreciate you incorporating into your blog hop.

Anonymous said...

That kitty is really cute, love your design.

Lori said...

Lisa, I just LOVE your colouring, so great, another masterpiece!!!!

Anonymous said...

great coloring! i love your card :)

sarabeth

Lisa said...

adorable card!!!

Margreet said...

such a great card Lisa..........your son will love it!
xxx Margreet

Melinda's Cut-N-Up Creations said...

This is so much fun and my first blog hop ever. What an awesome blog Lisa and your work is beautiful!!

Melinda Perez
melinda@melindasart.com

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun card. TFS. I'm off to check out your links.

Shelley said...

That paper is just too wonderful! Great colour choices too.

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I love the DP you used.

Kelly Schelske said...

It`s fabulous Lisa! Love that paper and Roocat is colored just right!!

Dawnll said...

Loving all the wonderful colors and paterns you used, great creation

Mary Ski said...

The "family" paper goes so well with Roopid. Great card.

Karen said...

Very nice Lisa, thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

Victoria said...

wow I'm loving your shading on the image Lisa, looks fantastic

Great to see you at Die Cut Dreams this week.
Hugs
Victoria
x

Cara said...

Hi, Lisa! What a sweet card! Small world...I was once in Sheffield!! Thanks for sharing your "love" with us at DCRU!!
Cara DCRU DT

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Lisa

Well, congratulations on the first Prairie Fairy DT Blog Hop. I’d made a note to myself to have a go at this tonight or tomorrow.

What a gorgeous card. Lover boy is such a darling.

Best wishes, Kym xxx

Laurie Marmon said...

Great take on the sketch. Your image is cute.

Crystal said...

omg! this is soooo super cute! i love the colors and the patterned paper rocks! and the way you colored the image is fabulous! just so perfect! hugs!

~*Joni said...

Aww! Loverboy is adorable on your card! Wonderful DP that you chose for him, and the MS punched border works perfectly. Thank you for joining us at DCRU this week!
~*Joni
DCRU DT

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lisa wow this is a beauty I chose the same image as you and boy don't they look different I just adore how you have coloured this cat

Hugs
Lorraine x
fellow Fairy DT

Sammi said...

Hi Lisa :D Gorgeous card!! LOVE it!
xxx

Deb said...

I love the background paper you used and the shape around such an adorable image really makes it stand out

michele hileman said...

great card i just love those colors

Queen La Rubba said...

WOW! I love your Lover Biy RooCAt! I really like the Family DP! This is just a wonderful card and your coloring is perfect!
Thank you for the op to hop along and have such a great time with the Prarie Fairy DT!
HUGS
RAch ~ Queen La Rubba

Cor* said...

I absolutely love the background paper! ABSOLUTELY makes the card! And your coloring matches perfectly!

Jeri said...

Love the fold you used on your card. I've grown quite fond of that Loverboy image.

Mary Lou said...

Neat neat card Lisa!! I absolutely love the dp choices you have used :) That loverboy image is going to be very popular I think :)
Blessings of thanks

Unknown said...

Very cute card!
hugs,
Gini

Anonymous said...

Lisa, not only do I love your card (especially the little freckles on his cheeks!)but your coloring is SUPERB and the Paper you used is PERFECT! BTW, Morgan's blog is ADORABLE, it's so sweet that you spend time with your kids crafting I can tell-you're a great mom (as well as an awesome DT member)!! Thanks for sharing all your fabulous creations!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Lisa this is such a fun card. The paper, image and border...all work so well together. Wonderful love themed project for our DCRU Challenge.

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Unknown said...

Wonderfuly fun card!

Great blog hop and candy! I have added a pic and link on my sidebar for you.

Lou x

Annie said...

love the cute image on your card and the pink and chocolate colour scheme! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

Wanda said...

Fab card. I'm so in love with this kitty. Thanks for sharing

Patricia St Martin said...

Lisa you are a busy girl. love what you did to you card. All those chocolates!!! this was fun.. tfs

Susie Sugar said...

Stunning card thanks for playing with us at DCD this week please come back soon
Hugs Susie xx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge with this beautiful card.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Debbie said...

Love the colors you used. This cat is just so cute.

JJsPurrfectSpace said...

Thanks for letting me hop on over to your website...I love the card you made for the challenge. Take care

Superfan said...

Oooooo...your Lover Boy, so gorgeous, I could just eat 'im up! lol Seriously, your card art is truly wonderful and a joy to see, many thanks!

The Crafty Den said...

what a cute card. Such a perfect image for our theme! Thanks for joining us at susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Amber said...

So adorable! Love the kitty image!
DCRU Hugs
Amber

Regina said...

What a fantastic card!
Regina

debb said...

Such a cute card- and I love that DP!

Tammy said...

WOW...this is such a cute card!! Great coloring and I love your DP!!!

Jean said...

Great card. Love your coloring!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a cutie! I love the color combo and layout you chose! So fun!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)
hugs, margie

Cheryl said...

So adorable,love that image and your fabulous colouring!!!
xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet card.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby