Friday 26 February 2010

Fairy Fun Fridays week 8 - colour challenge



Here's my DT card for Fairy Fun Fridays which is a colour challenge this week (inspired by the olympic colours). I'm late with my card because I've got a bit of a tummy bug and am not feeling the best! Apologies for being a very bad blogger at the moment, I underestimated how long it would take to re-arrange and sort everything in my craft room and now I'm feeling poorly. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to leave me comments though and will pop into your blogs as soon as I can!

I've used a really gorgeous new image from Prairie Fairy available here. I've coloured it with promarkers and only just realised when I went to find the link for the image, that I've coloured things slightly wrong! Some of the area under the little boy's feet should have been water, and what I assumed was a spade handle is actually a stick... can I blame being poorly? I think it could have done with some sky too, but never mind I'll do that next time! The papers are a Sweet Shoppe Designs download, sentiment from Craftwork Cards, button & gingham ribbon from my stash and used the MS zigzag punch for the edges. For once I've not followed a sketch, they kept going wrong even though I use them for nearly every card, so I kept it fairly simple!

I'm also entering my card for the following challenges:

Just a quick note - there are still a couple of days left on the 'kids candy' that my 7yr old son has on his blog, if anyone would like to enter - link at the top of my sidebar, it'd be lovely to get some more entries :o)

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it Lisa! Adorable!

Squirrel x said...

Sorry you've been poorly babe, hope you feel better soon. Fabulous card, love the bold colours, and perfect for any fella. Know what you mean about underestimating time - took me nearly four hours of tidying this morning ...yes, it was that messy! Hugs, Squirrel xx

Cor* said...

Great job with the new release! Hope you feel better soon!

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Hi Lisa, hope you`re feeling better soon, I know there`s a few bugs going around. I think you`ve done a wonderful job, great bold colours and it doesn`t look wrong at all. Fab card for any fella...big or small. Take care, hugs Val xxx

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is just brilliant sweetie!! I love the colors and the pretty layout!!! Thanks so much for joining in with the Stamp Something challenge this week!! HUGS

Kelly Schelske said...

It's beautiful Lisa! Great job on the challenge!

Kat said...

This is really lovely Lisa, what a sweet image. I don't think it matters if some bits are not what they should be. Most people would have no idea.

Hope you feel better soon.

Kat xx

carol said...

Gorgeous card, the image is a cute one, thanks for playing along with craftycatz, x carol

Diamond Doll said...

OH My Lisa i love that image and what a fab boys card.
Thanx for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lisa

Hope you feel better soon hun. Great card and love the fun image.

Hugs Ali x

Lori said...

Lisa, wow, -wow -wow, isn't this just adorable, I have mine coloured, but haven't put it to a card just yet, but it is so adorable, I love it with these colours too!!!!

Stef H said...

oh u r not a bad blogger at all. we all get sick at times. sure hope u feel better soon.

this is darling. that image is perfect for these colors and you just made it gorgeous!

coops said...

wow this is so stunning.fab image and great colouring,love your layout and papers.really hope you are feeling better soon hun.luv coops.xx

Carole said...

Thanks for joining us at Quixotic Challenges....super card!
Carole

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lisa
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us at Craftycatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx

Anonymous said...

Your card is so sweet, and the image is so cute.
Thank you for joining us at Stamp Something.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, thats a gorgeous card, and that image is beautiful, Ive just bought it to. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

crafty amy said...

Oh no I hope you are feeling better soon this card is so cute I love the colours you have gone for and they are just perfect with this little sweetie :D
I am so looking forward to "working" with you on the Karens doodles DT I just thought I would stop by and say hi

Hugs

Amy xx

Crystal said...

absolutely adorable! i love this image and you used it perfectly! especially lovin' the ribbon through the button! amazing job! hugs!

Lynda said...

It's a beautiful Summery card - I love it! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely card! Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie challenge this week. Kim

Suzie said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Suzie x

Leann said...

This is beautiful!
Thanks for joining us over on CCT this week :D
Hugs x