Monday 22 February 2010

Very different one for me!



2nd post today, see earlier post for my Crafty Cardmakers DT card. I can't remember the last time I made a card without stamping! And it's not cute either! A friend asked me for a card in a hurry, but not a cute one and with no real 'theme', so I thought maybe stars would work. I had lots of fun making this, it all came together very easily, but now that it's done I think maybe it looks a bit 'sea-side' lol, so I hope it's ok!

I've used a large 8"x8" card blank. I've cut nestie stars from coredinations card, then embossed them in the big shot with the cuttlebug spots & dots folder, and sanded the embossing back. I think the papers are Papermania, I've had them for a while so I'm not sure. Lettering is cut with the sizzix 'night & day' alphabet. Added some MME buttons and fibres - love this stuff, but does it look a bit too much like sea weed on here? Eek, what do you think, is it ok?

I'm entering this one for the following challenges:

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa
I adore it, I couldn't have even dreamed this one up.. it's PERFECT.!
Thank You sooo much
Becca <3 xxx

Victoria said...

different but I like it a lot
Hugs
Victoria
x

Danderella said...

Hi! What a fun distressed card, Dad's love that sort of thing! My grandfather is from Sheffield, and I do believe I still have family there. What a small world! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lisa,

This is a great card, love the stars and letters. Very successful.

Hugs Ali x

Anonymous said...

Great card Lisa,S
Sue x

Mrs Bs Blog said...

This is such a great card! perfect for males. Hugs Val xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it Lisa!! :) The papers are so awesome!! Love the star too..goes perfectly!! HUGS

Clare said...

Just stunning! I could never work that kind of paper so beautifully as you have done! :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Lovely Lisa! It looks great!

Alica said...

great card - love your distressing and the colors!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

gina g said...

HI Lisa this is brilliant babe love the colour. Thanks for joining the sophisticats Challenge this week. luv gina xx

Kat said...

Looks great to me Lisa. Don't you just love it when you make a quick card!

Kat xx

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful, such a great Male Card, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week, Hugs Avril xxxx

Liz said...

Fantastic Work Thanks for entering this weeks challenge At Incy Wincy Designs be sure do do our blog hop

Liz xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful male card, you have done it so well when all I do is struggle, lol.
Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-cats this week, hope to see you next week
Tasha
xxxxx

Crystal said...

What a great looking masculine card! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Tam said...

Hi

Great card.
Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.
Tami

Moshie said...

What a fantastic male card!!! I love everything about it! Great job!
Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-cat this week.
Hugs, Diana