Wednesday 10 February 2010

A change from cute!



Now I must admit, I quite enjoy making male cards. But an order for a shooting themed card did throw me slightly! Luckily my lovely friend Sarah sent me some images to use, and hopefully my card will be ok!

I've coloured the image (don't know the make sorry) with promarkers, following the tutorial at Passion For Promarkers for sepia tones as I've never done this before - I thought it might suit the image. The gingham paper is a Funky Fairy download, corrugated card is from a local craft shop, brown cardstock is coredinations. Ribbon & button from my stash and computer generated sentiment (scriptina font).

Dex is having his afternoon nap, so really I should be up in the craft room getting another ordered card done. But I have the worst cold, I'm all shivery and sneezing constantly :o( So I'm going to curl up with a warm drink and Papercraft Inspirations mag that the postie just brought... can you believe he was wearing shorts and it's SNOWING! Hopefully I'll feel a bit better this evening so I can get some stuff done then.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:

19 comments:

☼ Cheryl* said...

Thats a great male card!

I hope you feel better soon xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello sweetie. I do hope you feel much better soon. This cold weather has been awful.
Your card is wonderful and you have done well with that image. Just brilliant. Keep warm.Love Sandra xx

Margreet said...

Amazing male card......love the image.....hope you're feeling better soon!
xxx Margreet

Lori said...

Really fab card Lisa, I love the monochrome effect and the sepia colouring is perfect for that image. Hope you're feeling better soon, sending get well wishes your way!!!!

Kelly said...

Great card Lisa, I really like the effect. I think we get caught up in the cutsie too much (I'm guilty). I think your take on this card with the sepia tones is great and I am sure the receiver will really appreciate it.

Stef H said...

this card is gorgeous! the perfect male card and dad is gonna love. absolutely gorgeous!

sure hope u feel better soon.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, wow what a gorgeous card, love the image and such a nice one for a man who likes hunting. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Perfect man's card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

coops said...

brilliant mans card.i love the image and love how you have done the ribbon and button.fabby.luv coops.xx

Christine said...

Hi brill male card love your image thanks for joining us at SCSC

Christine xx

Mel X said...

Fabulous male card, great image and colour. Certainly fits the criteria for the challenge and your order! Am sure the recipient will be well chuffed!! Thanks for joining us this week on the Secret Crafter, hope you come back and see us again soon. Good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Squirrel x said...

Aaaaaaa-choo! I reckon you caught Toad's man-flu as well hun - I been sneezing for Britain. Hope you feel better soon. Card is amazing, I love how you have used the image - simply brilliant. Hugs, Squirrel xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a perfect chaps card.
luv
Debby

Mary Ski said...

Awesome project. I like the simplicity of color. I like the image.

Mandy said...

Fabulous male card

thanks for joining us at PTW this week

Mandy

Annie said...

fabulous card and love that image .. .. I am always looking out for sporting images for male cards so if you find out what make of stamp please let me know. hugs, annie x

Lorraine A said...

Lovely card :-) I love the brown scheme ,,, gorgeous ! :-)


thanks for joining us on the PTW :-)

Luv
Lols x x

Sarah said...

Love the card Lisa and the colouring is fab, I wouldn't be able to do that with pens, my pencils maybe.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs Sarah x

Unknown said...

Perfection Lisa! Total perfection!
Hugs Viv xx