Monday 8 February 2010

Crafty Cardmakers challenge 14 - digital delights


Time for a new challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and this fortnight it's all about using digital elements - digi stamps, sentiments, papers, whatever you want to use. It's perfect for me because most of the images I use are now digital, not that I don't love stamping but there are just soooo many gorgeous images out there and you can get them instantly - I don't like waiting :o) We're also welcoming a brand new DT member at Crafty Cardmakers again this week, Elly has been cardmaking for 6 months and has made a fab job of her first challenge - hope you'll enjoy being on the team Elly!

It was my mum's birthday yesterday so this is my card for her. I've used a large 8 x 8 card blank. The digi stamp, which comes as part of a set of 6 images, is from Karen's Doodles, and I've coloured it with promarkers. I've had my eye on these images for ages and finally decided to treat myself this weekend after a very bad morning - popped into town for a quick shopping trip, got back to the car 5 mins late and I had a parking fine, £60 for being 5 mins late aagh!! Hubby was not best pleased.... Anyway, back to my card.... The papers are a mix of Imaginisce and Bo Bunny, with coredinations cardstock. Fabric flowers, bead caps, pearls and raffia lace from stash. The sentiment is computer generated.

The next pic is of the inside - I loved the idea of having the squirrel walking along on the front with his acorn and then having another image on the inside where the little mouse pops out! I'm sure I'll do a similar thing again with the other images in the set.


I'm also entering my card for the following challenges:
  • Card Positioning Systems - lovely sketch. I'm sorry, I've taken huge liberties with the sketch and I plan on making another that follows it more closely!
  • Lexi's Creations - spotted or striped
  • Pile It On - to the one you love (I've already made hubby's card but hopefully it's ok to enter this one, I do love my mum!)

34 comments:

☼ Cheryl* said...

Awwww So cuteee!! I love the image on the inside too :) I am a huge digi fan too. I am growing my collecton of rubber but if I had a choice of rubber or digi i'd go with digi because they are cheaper and I get it straight away!
wow £60 for 5 mins late. Thats horrible :(

Lori said...

Oh Lisa, I love this so much, I love the sketch, and the papers that pink and lime green look so great together. And of course the perfect colouring, what a cute inside for this card.... Can't wait to see more!!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, LOVE the color combo and your image is darling. I think your mum will love this one! Great job on the challenge. Happy that you could have some fun with us this week at Pile it On.

sam said...

super card! love the image and the image on the inside! thanks for playing with us at PIO!

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Hi Lisa, that is such a great card and your mum will love it. I love the images you`ve used, they are such fun!. Hugs Val xxx

Stef H said...

oh how cute. i love the inside!

hugs :)

Katie said...

Sorry for the parking fine but the card is super!!! I love that set of images too and you colored them perfectly.
Thanks for Piling It On this week!

Lea L. said...

This is adorable! I love the bright and fun colors! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥Lea

lalkygirl said...

fabulous card and such a cute image,love it
thanks for joining us at lexis creations
lalkygirl x

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! How precious!! I just ADORE your creation, image, colors and layout girl!!! SWEET!! HUGS

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Lisa,
Sue x

coops said...

fantastic card, i love the image and the layout and colours are fab.luv coops.xx

Squirrel x said...

I AM IN LOVE! What a fab, brill, mega gorgeous card hun. Superb. My birthday is .... Hugs, Squirrel xx

maxine said...

lovely card thanks for joining s at Lexis creations

Made by Mandy said...

Oh christ, what a bummer to get a parking fine for being 5 minutes late. No wonder you needed cheering up.....

Love your card and you have coloured it in really well. The mouse popping out of the acorn is funny :)

Bet your Mum loved it xxx

Unknown said...

Its brill hun, the colouring is perfect, you deserve to treat yourself after getting a fine like that !!! Its a real stunner xx

Anne said...

Fantastic card, I love how you've used a different image from the same set for the inside.
Thanks for playing along with Delightful Sketches and Lexi's Creations
~Anne x

Kat said...

What a great card Lisa and I love the turtle card too. Both really cute images. I think I'd like digital images too if I can get to grips with the resizing.

Kat xx

Andrea M said...

This is such a wonderful card! Love the colors you've chosen, so vibrant :) Great job and thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

Mina said...

aaaahhhhhhh how cute is this image...love the bright colours its a really cheerful beautiful card
Mina xxx

coldwaters2 said...

This is one fabulous card love that image I have the six of them and they are so cheeky looking I just adore the wonderful colours

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kelly Schelske said...

Love it Lisa! Great images, fun papers too! Congrats on your top 3 at KLSNS!!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations with your beautiful work! So cute...

Greetings, Saskia :)

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable card, fab papers and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Lexi said...

Totally cute! lol i love karens doodles and you've done a fab job! Thanks for playing along at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, Im sure your mum was delighted with her birthday card, its gorgeous. Im so sorry you got caught with a parking ticket. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Jackie said...

Fab card, wonderful colour combo :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

Totally brill card Lisa...
That image is a cracker.
x
Vicky

Tracey said...

Fab card, love those images & the decorated inside is just perfect!

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, wow, wow, wow. Yep, I love everything about this card. And I blew up the pics so I could have a close look at your fabby colouring. Oooh am I envious of your Mum.
jack xx

Cor* said...

Such a cute card! I love images from Karen's Doodles!! Great coloring !

BethieJ said...

This is so CUTE! I love the colors you used!!
Thanks for playing along at PIO!

Lizzy said...

Gorgeous card ~ luv the colours & the layout is fab xx lizzy xx

Georgie said...

Love the spotty paper you have used and of course the gorgeous inage
Thanks for playing along at Lexis Creations