Sunday 12 December 2010

One hubby free to good home...

Oh what a day.... Morgan (my 8yr old) has a nasty chesty cough, Dex (nearly 3) has been grumpy and tearful all day so I think he's probably getting it too, and hubby is still suffering with his back.  I have very little sympathy for him today though, because while I was trying to do some commenting earlier, I heard a loud crash from the kitchen... I can see into the kitchen doorway from my chair and as I sat there, I could see an enormous lake of milk spreading across the room!  Hubby had dropped a 2 litre container of milk on the floor, which exploded and sprayed milk everywhere... and it's the second time he's done this!  You'd think the nightmare clean-up last time would have made him a bit more careful, but apparently not.  He's so accident prone!


Anyway, here's a couple of quick cards using a Sizzix primitive star die that I've had my eye on for ages, and finally let myself buy a few weeks ago.  I love stars and I think these are a great shape.  I've used a couple of scraps of sparkly MME paper, teal Papermill card, Stampin Up Kraft card and some metallic DCWV cardstock I bought a few months ago and then never used.  Did some embossing with a couple of Cuttlebug embossing folders and added some buttons from my stash.

I'm entering my cards for the following challenges:
Right, I'm going to have another go at catching up with some commenting now, hopefully hubby can stay out of trouble while I do it!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect masculine creations!! I love the colors and the star is perfect!! :) Oh those darn hubbies!! LOL!!

Little K Smith said...

Already got an accident prone hubby thanks ! :D
Love these trendy cards Lisa, fab designs!
Kelly.x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Oh dear Lisa, just one of those days. Chin up sweetie, at least you can console yourself blogging and enjoy yourself for a while.
Your cards are delightful, and I love all the embossing, so very effective. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

mckinkle said...

I think if you check the small print, they are ALL accident prone - AKA careless!!

2 FAB cards Lisa, love that star too!

Keryn x

Audrey said...

What beautiful cards! I love visiting your blog! I always feel inspired. Thanks for that.

Maria Moorhouse said...

Great cards Lisa. No use crying over spilt milk hun hehehe. Have a better day tomorrow hun.xx

Lynne said...

I love them - so simple but beautiful!! love the embossing - thanks for joining in with us at Fairy Fun Friday xx Lynne xx

coldwaters2 said...

Lol, oh poor man, but who did the clean up Lisa? lol. Yuk cleaning up milk is not nice. What is rather nice is these two cards so love that embossing and those stars look great.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Hi hun
oh no thanks, one hubby enough, hope he got all the milk cause it stinks if not! lol, two gorgeous cards, great design, hope the little ones soon feel better, sue,x

martina's kaartjes said...

What great cards !!! lovely idea, also for boys !
greetings, martina
x

Pami said...

Hi Lisa, I hope the milk got cleared up! Great couple of cards, thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

Fiona said...

god no...noway would I want another, I could giveaway the one I have away too...mm don't think there's any takers for him either!! fab cards and I just love my sizzix!!

Fi
x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Im sorry sweetie you have to keep him....ive got a accident prone hubby too, no-one would take him either lol

Both cards are fantastic, just love everything about them hunni :o)
hugs and xxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lisa
Both cards are gorgeous,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Jackie said...

Fab pair of cards, great colours and textures :o)
Jackie xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, Ahhh sorry to hear about all the ill peeps in the house. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

Donna said...

Great birthday cards! One of my favorite quick embossing folders. Sorry to hear of all the problems. Hope things improve very soon. Thanks for joining us for the embossing challenge at Delightful Challenges!

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! Lisa, two fantastic cards, love the design and the use of the stars. I have a Hubby just like yours. "Men! Thank you so much for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week with your lovely creations.
Hugs
Suzi x

Cor* said...

So sorry you are 'sour' over your 'spilt milk'.....(I couldn't resist). LOL. Great CAS star cards! WAY TO GO! Thanks so much for including a star on your project and joining in with the fairies this week at FFF!! Don't forget to include the NEW Challenge link http://prairiefairyfridays.blogspot.com/ & get in on the Fairy Queens candy at this link http://prairiefairy.blogspot.com/ ending Dec 24th! Happy Holidays! PS- she has freebie tags for her e-mail subscribers!

Juls said...

fab!!!! Love the embossed detail and the polka dots! Hugs Juls

Whisper said...

Ooo fabby cards - i love the way you just come up with cards that so ideal for men and little ones, luv Sam x