Monday 27 December 2010

Card for my Grandma


Hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas :o)  I'm actually quite relieved that it's all over - big misery aren't I?!  I'm still ill with the flu so haven't felt like making anything... it's driving me a bit mad because I have so many ideas for things I want to make and no energy to do anything.  The boys have had a great time though, and that's all that really matters isn't it?

We had awful news on Christmas Eve too... A few years ago hubby's lovely mum had to have a mastectomy and chemo to treat breast cancer, but unfortunately the cancer spread and for the last couple of years they've been trying to get her clear of it.  On Christmas Eve she had her last dose of the current round of chemo and got the latest results - her body is now clear of cancer but it's now spread to her brain... apparently this can't be treated with chemo, so we now have to wait and see if it's operable or if she'll need radiotherapy.  I've been so pathetically tearful about the whole thing!  She's such a strong woman and just gets on with it, and then there's me bursting into tears every time I think about it.  It's the thought of the boys having to deal with losing her I think... fingers crossed we'll get some good news from the next lot of tests.

Anyway onto my card - I had to make this one while I was feeling really ill, so I've used a simple layout that I use quite a lot when I need to make something quick.  It was for my Grandma, who's birthday is just before Christmas.  Papers are K&Co, butterfly was cut with a Quickutz die, added some pearls from my stash and a computer generated sentiment.  Sprayed the butterfly with a Crafters Companion glitter spray, so it's all shimmery, but you can't really see it in the photo.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:
Wow I rambled on a bit today!  Off to have a wander around your blogs and see what you've all been making :o)

20 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Lisa. I really do feel for you sweetie, and hope that you feel better real soon. Your card is delightful, and I love the simplicity with the butterfly, beautiful colours too.
You are in my thoughts Lisa, so please take care and no rushing back, I am sure everyone will be pleased when you do get back, fully recovered.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

cowboydutrem said...

Hello Lisa. I'm so sorry about your husband's mum, hope the doctors are able to sort it out...
Your card is very elegant!

Vicky said...

Hiya Lisa!

So sorry about you sad news, my heart and thoughts are with you and I hope the Doctors can do something to sort it out.
Your card is just stunning hun, very simple but elegant, but how I like them :o)

Hope you start feeling better soon, this bug does seem to linger and I know so many peeps with it!

Big hugs sweetie, love Vicky xx

Juls said...

very stylish! Hugs Juls

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lisa, Sorry to hear about your Mum-in-law. She sounds like a strong character and hope that the doctors get it sorted out. You will be a tower of strength for her, when you're 100% better and I bet your two little fella's know just what to do to cheer her up.

Love this pretty card for your Grandma. The rose paper is so beautiful.

Big Hugs & Get well soon.

Donna x

Unknown said...

Oh hun, you have every right to be tearful xx (((Big Hugs))) for you all xx

Such a lovely card there hope you feel better soon

Hugs
Judie xx

Claire said...

Hi Lisa, sorry to hear that you are still feeling poorly, but at least you are still making cards! So sorry to hear about your Mother-in-Law - cancer is such a nasty thing, lets hope she can remain strong again and get through the next stage. Hugs, Claire x

Anonymous said...

WOW! Girl!! This is really beautiful!! I'm loving that butterfly and I'm sure she'll love this!! :) Best wishes to you in the New Year my friend!!HUGS

Deborah Frings said...

Lisa - the card for your grandmother is beautiful!!

Sorry that you've all had such awful news. Sending you positive thoughts - keep strong.

Cazza said...

Hi Lisa,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum-In-Law hon, such sad news. I really hope there's something the docs can do? Also sorry to hear you're still poorly :o( Roll on the summer hey!

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love this layout! :o)

Take it easy hon,
xxx

Jules said...

Hi Lisa

I think the world can be such a cruel place .. .. it sounds like your Mum in Law is one very brave lady.

My heart goes out to everyone .. .. .. you are probably extra tearful because you are not well yourself.

Once you are stronger you will be able to cope better .. .. but it all sounds tough on everyone. Hopefully the doctors will be able to sort everything out.

Love Jules xx

p.s. Your card is lovely by the way.

Little K Smith said...

Hi Lisa
So sorry to hear the news about your Mother-In-Law, she sounds a very brave lady and I hope they can do something for her very soon.
A lovely card, gorgeous butterfly.
Hope you're feeling better soon too :)
Kelly.x

Debs M said...

so sorry to hear that news, my thoughts are with you and yours x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I do so love this card Lisa it looks a quality creation, the paper, design and butterfly look wonderful. I am so sorry to hear about your MIL I do hope that the treatment works.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, so pretty :o)
My thoughts are with you and your family, I hope that all turns out well.
Hugs, Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Lisa. Sorry to hear about your MIL just doesn't seem fair when she's been fighting so hard, hope there better news in the new year.
luv
Debby

lou said...

Sorry to hear the news about your MIL, fingers crossed the docs can help.

Such a beautiful elegant card though, love the simplicity of it.

Hugs Louise x

Louise said...

Hi Lisa, I hope you've had good news about your Mother in law :) I'll be thinking about you x
You've made a lovely card for your grandma xx

Julie said...

Beautiful card - so elegant! Thanks for joining in our challenge at CES this week, Juliexx

kaylou said...

Hi Hun
great card and gorgeous butterfly... stunning.Thanks for playing at CES challenges.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo