Friday 24 December 2010

Last Christmas card


It's Christmas Eve already - how did that happen?  There was loads I wanted to get done this week, but I'm still ill so today's the first day I've managed to do anything... and then only because I had to!  Dex has finally started to cheer up a bit over the last couple of days, after being poorly for more than a week - he's lost so much weight while he's been ill and he didn't really have any to lose, his little legs look so skinny :o(  Poor hubby's ended up doing loads of our Christmas shopping - even though I gave him a list and printed out pictures of items I wanted him to get, we've still ended up with some very random stuff, and he's spent a small fortune - way more than I'd have spent!  Shouldn't complain though, at least he did it.

I still needed to make my mum's card, but I just couldn't face colouring - I have to be in the right sort of mood to colour and I'm really not.  So I cheated and used one of the 'cute squares' from LOTV, and just added lots of glitter.  The sentiment was a free digi one from Pink Gem Designs, I've just personalised it in photoshop.

Well, I hope you all have a very Happy Christmas!  Hopefully you're all much more organised than I am - we still have most of our wrapping to do, so we'll be very busy tonight!  Apologies if I've not returned your comments over the last couple of days, off to do some catching up now :o)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Card looks good Lisa, Sometimes you just have to do what you can,The main thing at Christmas is that you are all together and happy. Hope you and all your family get everything you wish for. Merry Christmas. Mary x

Unknown said...

A beautiful card Hope you all have a fab day tomorrow and wishing you and your family a Happy New Year.
Chris x

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Love white on white!!! and I love all the embossing too! HUgs Juls

Kat said...

Beautiful card Lisa. I've used a lot of these cute squares. They've been a lifesaver for me this year.

Poor Dex, it's horrible when your kids are ill. Even worse when you've been so poorly yourself. Hope you feel well enough to enjoy Christmas Day and all the best for 2011.

Kat xx

Claire said...

Fabulous card and such a shame you are still feeling poorly hun. At least hubster did the shopping and you have food to eat. The main thing is you will all be together as a family, so enjoy as much as you can and get better soon. Hugs, Claire x

Helen said...

Beautiful card - keep warm and I hope you feel much better soon.

Helen x

Jules said...

Oh Lisa .. .. I am sure your Mum would forgive you for not having made a card .. .. but having said that what you have made is gorgeous. She will love it.

I hope all your wrapping is done now and that you are snuggled up in bed resting.

Get better quickly and have fun!

Love Jules xx

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love the mono colouring its fabulous, hope you had a wonderful Christmas. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Sandy Ang said...

Such a sweet card ! Wishing you a happy and creative year ahead