Monday 13 December 2010

Eeeeek! Crafty Cardmakers - first and latest or greatest


Oh my goodness, this is so embarrassing!  Our new challenge at Crafty Cardmakers is 'first & latest or greatest' and we want you to show us your very first creation if possible - if not then the oldest one you can find!  And then show us your latest card, or your favourite one.  This challenge will run for the next 4 weeks and we have lots of fab sponsors, so there are some great prizes to be won.

This is actually my very first card, made in 2007... I made it for a friend but never sent it, even then I realised it wasn't the best lol.  It's odd that its a stamped card, because I didn't really get into stamping for a year or so after I started cardmaking.  I remember buying the stamp though - my first Hobbycraft shopping trip where I just randomly bought things that I thought I 'needed'.  Not that different from when I get in a craft shop now really!  It's coloured with sparkly gel pens, and I used some holographic paper that I thought was great then!  The other paper is just wrapping paper I think, and the butterfly sequin was from a little pot of sequins I bought on ebay.  It's sooo pink isn't it?!  Oh the shame!


My latest card is one I've made using a new stamp from Little Claire, which is available to pre-order here.  Isn't she pretty?  I've coloured her with promarkers and koh-i-noor pencils.  The papers are MME, with coredinations cardstock, card candy and a flower and button from my stash.  Quite simple really but that seems to be my general style.  I often look at other people's beautiful elaborate creations and wish I was that sort of cardmaker, but I'm just not - it's not a look that works when I try to create it myself.

I'm really hoping we'll get loads of you joining in - I can't wait to see how everyone started out!  Will you share your first creations with us?  Hope so!

19 comments:

Debs M said...

ooh do i want to show myself up..hmm maybe, loving yours and i think the cat is cute x

Louise said...

My very first card was to my mum, she keeps all my cards and we look at them when I visit her. And, oh the embarassment when I see that first card!! I don't have a photo of it (thank goodness!) so I'll have to dig out something else.
Love your LC card Lisa x

Janette said...

This is very tempting...or is it....well, I do like both cards actually Lisa, the latest one is a fab card, but so is the very first...mine are cringe worthy...some still are...lol....xxx

Made by Mandy said...

I remember my first trip to Hobbycrafts, I was like some mad kid in a sweetie shop, bought loads and ended up £80 lighter in the pocket. I'm now a lot more savvy than I was then (plus my little craft room is heaving and I can't fit much more in there LOL)

I love your style Lisa, you love colour just like me and we both love pretty papers. You can colour much better than me though.

Glad you've got the tinterweb back :)

Have a wonderful Christmas sweetie

Lots of Love

Mandy xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! WOW!! I do think you've done a beautiful job with your card sweetie and I'm not sure about showing an early card of mine!! LOL!! That might hurt a bit!! :) However, I do like both of yours hun!! They both have your lovely style!! HUGS

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is such a fun challenge and I will definitely be playing along. The latest card is fab, such a cute image. What can I say about the first one except that we all made cards to start with that we thought were good. Lots of peel offs in my early days. I'm impressed yours had a stamp though, I had no idea about stamping. Well done for sharing. Marianne x

Sarpreet said...

hi there, this is such a gorgeous card, love it.

Nannieflash said...

Well I think your first card is fabulous but your second is gorgeous a really sweet and beautiful image. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

Cazza said...

He he he, love it Lisa - what a fab challenge!! And your first creation was great hon - I love pink and cats! ;o)
xxx

Mel said...

Hee Lisa

Your 1st card is fab! I would be so proud of that!! But I can see you have found your wee flow! Your cards are stunning and always amaze me!
So glad to have you back!
Hugs Melly xxx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a fabulous idea for a challenge. Even from your first card I can see that you had an eye for colour and that shows perfectly in your second card. I dread to think what my first card was like - but I do remember thinking that I wouldn't buy loads of stamps, as they were far too expensive and I could do without them!! Ha! Ha!
Caroline xxx

Julia Aston said...

How fun to compare your first and your last creations to see how you've grown (hopefully!) in your card creating skills! both of these are lovely actually - wonderful coloring on your sweet little gardener!

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lisa, love both of yours cards. That cat stamp is so cute and the pinks are gorgeous. Your second card is a real stunner, the stamp is lovely and your colouring is perfect.

donna x

Cheryl said...

Oh what a sweet card,I think its fabulous for your first card......what a great idea to show these!!! Love the green and pink.....just so pretty with this sweet image!!
xx

CraftinGranny said...

Wow, your first card is really cute and your latest card shows just how much you have evolved over the past few years. Got to give you credit GF...Not sure I'd want to show my first one or if I could even find it...lol This is one great challenge idea!!! "Hugs" Carol

Lin said...

Lisa, there is absolutely nothing to be embarassed about with your first card it's lovely, but your most recent one is stunning. Your colouring is always gorgeous and the colour scheme and layout you have used here are so pretty.

If I don't get back before have a great Christmas teamie!!

Hugs

Lin

Jackie said...

Well now, you prompted me to get pics of my early cards out from 2006 and I was horrified that I had made such rubbish, daren't show them to anyone. Your first card makes mine look like something 3 year old would scoff at!
Love you latest :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

I love the cat on your first card - it's better than a lot I sent, lol.
As for your latest, it is, as usual, absolutely gorgeous. Love those papers too. xx

Juls said...

I think this challenge is a great idea....its lovely to see how much everyone has progressed!!!!....both of the cards are fab though....my first attempts were horrendous!!!! Hugs Juls