Saturday 9 November 2013

Vintage automobile

Happy Saturday everyone :o)

I'm soooo cold!  We took Dex into town to watch a Cbeebies thing, with some of the characters performing on a stage outside... he loved it, but it was absolutely freezing and even hailed on us for a while.  We're all slowly thawing out in pyjamas and slippers lol.

Anyway, here's a card that I quite liked while I was making it, and now I'm not that keen... which is about right for me lately!


I used a past sketch from The Deconstructed Sketch - they're great if you're feeling a bit low on inspiration, I've printed some off to have a go at later.

Items Used
Dark brown & buff cardstock - Papermill Direct
Stamp - Vintage Automobiles - Darkroom Door
Papers - Echo Park Reflections
Button & twine from my stash

Better go, Dex wants me to play a game... maybe it'll warm me up a bit!  Hope you all have a lovely evening :o)

17 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh I love it, is that distressing I see, probably why you are not sure, not your usual clean look, bit it is fab believe me, great colours too

coops said...

i love it lisa.fabulous distressing and the vintage image and papers are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Kristie W. said...

This is a wonderful masculine card! I love it!

Lorraine said...

A brilliant vintage card Lisa. The colours and design look fab.
Hope you're defrosting nicely!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Lorraine x

Sue said...

WOW! I love this Lisa, such a fabulous design and gorgeous papers.
I hope you have warmed up a bit now and that you enjoy the rest of the weekend
hugs Sue xx

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card and I love the distressing.
Hugs
Jayne

Debra K. said...

Great vintage card for a bloke. The papers and the image look fab together so don't worry, whatever you think now, it's still a wonderful card.
Hope you're all defrosted now. Debra x

Jackie said...

I love it, love the sepia tones and the layout is great :o)
Jackie xx

heidy said...

Wow lisa ,fab card!
XXX Heidy

downrightcrafty said...

this is fabulous
Hugs Kate xx

Donna said...

Fab masculine card Lisa, love the vintage style and the design is perfect :) Donna ♥ x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

I think it'a a fab 'guy' card an the distressing is a great detail.
Caroline xxx

Christine L said...

Fabulous vintage-y male card hon... so difficult to achieve!

Hugs
Christine x

*Vicki* said...

Such a stunning Vintage design Lisa!! Love the clock background and brown tones! ;) HUGS

Pia S said...

Oh, do I recognize that feeling - I think it's something that happens to all of us. I tell myself it's because the card didn't turn out the way I had planned in my head. But it doesn't necessarily mean that there's something wrong with the card - maybe it's my head that could need a fix -lol-.
Anyways... I like your card. It suits any "grown up" man! And the distressed edges are such a great vintage touch!

gail said...

love this male card, I always struggle to make cards for men.
gail

scrappymo! said...

Love the distressed,vintage look of this one!