Wednesday 30 November 2011

Less is More wk43 - a bit of bling

Today's card is one that I quite liked when I was making it, but looking at the photo I'm not so keen - I think it's a bit boring!  I made it for this week's challenge at Less is More, which is 'a bit of bling'.


I used the limited edition winter distress inks to make the background - the greeny colour is a mix of 'evergreen bough' and 'iced spruce' and then I decided to see what the bright red 'festive berries' shade would look like around the edges - it went a shade of purple!.. not what I expected (although people who know about these things would have worked it out I'm sure!) but quite pretty I think.

I stamped the tree from Hero Arts Swirl Christmas set in memento ink and then added some random bling... although if I'm completely honest it wasn't random at all - I shuffled the blimmin' things around for about half an hour before I was happy, and I still don't think it's quite right.  Can you imagine how long it takes me to decorate our Christmas tree?!  The sentiment is an Elzybells one and the teal cardstock is from Papermill Direct.

I'm also entering my card for Simon Says Stamp's 'anything goes' challenge.

I've got Morgan off today because of the teachers strike.  I ummed and aahed about keeping Dex off nursery too, but decided to send him in the end as I'd get more done with just one of them here lol... regretted it a bit though because Dex got all upset when I dropped him off.  Ooh, just remembered I'm supposed to putting a stew in the slow cooker, better go and sort that out or I'll forget again!

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, I don't think it looks boring - it's a wonderful CaS card. Great image and colours and love the bling!

Luckily the headteacher at Emily's school managed to still keep the school open despite the strikes, so no disruption here and I get to craft (ahem surf!) in peace.

Sarah

Sudha said...

Its fabulous creation. Love the distress effect too.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

Sudha said...

Its fabulous creation. Love the distress effect too.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

Doreen said...

Your card is gorgeous Lisa,not at all boring.xxx

melsanford said...

It isn't boring - it's beautiful! Gorgeous image and I love the sparkles :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, love your bling :o)
Jackie xx

Juls said...

this is fabulous!! Hugs Juls

Debs M said...

it's lovely..i keep thinking of using atc's on the front of cards... my slow cooker is going too, only got it last week and it's fab! x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Lisa....and love the added gems too hun...

big hugs Vicky xx

Kat said...

Gorgeous Lisa, love the colours. I find it difficult to add random jewels to something like a Christmas tree too lol!

Kat xx

Jenny said...

I really love it Lisa, it's simplicity shines like the bling does :) I have those ink pads too, only just arrived so not tried them yet...the colours look fab tho :)
Both my too off today as well although I'm used to hannah being around with all the study leave they get now!
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Boring?????? Come on over to my blog and see boring! This is fabulous, just like everything else you make!
xx

Anonymous said...

Nothing boring about this one, it's fab!
Helen x

Unknown said...

Well I love it certainly doesn't look boring from here, Mary x

amanda stokes said...

Hi Lisa,
Great card,fab colours :) xx

Vicky said...

Hi hunni gorgeous card love the tree stamp & your bling. The foofy stuff takes me an age to do to get it looking right......its cus we are just too fussy hun apparently lol. I recognised the teal cardstock straight away.......I dont think I've used mine yet....I cant remember tho lol.

LOtsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lorraine said...

Ooh, beautiful colors and I love the inking! and LOL @ shuffling the blimmin' things around for a half an hour! we are our worst critics I think, lol.

Chrissie said...

These colours certainly look innovative for your blingy Christmas card, I love the stamps you used!
Great CAS design.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Craftdee said...

I love that stamp, and the "purply" colour too;-) Re your random gems; You know there's no such thing as "random" it's a very close relative of "casual" used in home decorating..."casually throw a rug on to the sofa" means "spend two hours rearranging a rug on the sofa until you decide it still looks s**t and put it away"

Pauline said...

Beautiful! Love the colour combo!

Sue said...

definatly not boring !!!! love the colours and the bling Luv Sue x

Karen Petitt said...

Gorgeous creation, love the distress ink colours you've used - am a bit green with envy! Karen x

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.love the colours and fab image ;D

xx coops xx

Donna said...

Such an elegant card Lisa and fab with the pink and blue together, I love how you have decorated your tree :) Donna ♥ x

Sarah-Jane said...

Very pretty. xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, love the bling and the style, so elegant xxx

Christine L said...

Oooh i LIKE!
Hugs
Christine x

Debs said...

It's fabulous Lisa - love the colours and the bling is perfect!
Debs xx

coldwaters2 said...

I don't think it's boring Lisa, it is unusual but it looks lovely the touch of bling on the tree is fab, I also love the distressing around the edges.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mandi said...

I think it;s quite lovely Lisa
Lvoe the colour combo
Very chic
thank you
mandi LIM

Christine said...

Beautiful card!! I love how those distress inks look!!
Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine