Wednesday 16 November 2011

Less is More wk41 - one layer, leaves

Need to keep this short today, because I've got loads to do and shouldn't really be here... I also shouldn't have taken time out to make my Less is More card, but I haven't missed a week yet and wasn't going to start now lol!  This week is one-layer week and Chrissie and Mandi want to see leaves... this filled me with panic because although there are lots of leaf stamps that I'd like to own, I haven't actually got anything leafy yet... or so I thought...



I had a good rummage through my stamps and didn't come up with anything really, but then I remembered a Stampin' Up sentiment set that has a few little accent stamps included, and I found this little clover leaf in there - yay!

I made a mask by cutting a row of 3 squares from a post it note, placed the post it note on my card (which is 5x7 size, ivory linen) and stamped a script stamp (from Indigo Blu) in the spaces using 'new sprout' memento ink.  Then using the same ink I sponged around the edges of my squares for definition, then stamped the clover leaves using 'bamboo' memento and added the sentiment in the same ink.  I then realised the sentiment would've looked better further over to the right, so I added the little butterfly trail stamp to balance it out a bit.

Right, must run and get some stuff done, but I'll catch up with you all later :o)

41 comments:

Denise said...

Wow!!! Love this :0)
Hugs
Denise xx

Mau xx said...

Lisa this is so pretty, Love the simple detail so sweet and elegant.
Must admit I miss doing the LIM challenges but I was total rubbish at them, always felt mine stood out amongst the others.... and not for the good....lol
Hugs Mau xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa, wow gorgeous Good Luck card, love how youve created a stunning card with just these simple design. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

simple but very effective lovely wee card K x

cathi139 said...

you are such an inspiration! Wonderful card
hugs
Cathi

TAM said...

great card, love the layout

Debs M said...

looks fab, great idea x

Lynn said...

So simple but very effective, I love it ... it's in my favourite colour too.

Lynn x

Jo said...

Gorgeous! You make it look so easy.
Jo x

heidy said...

wow,Lisa fabolous card I wish I can do some cas cards!
Hugs Heidy

Debs said...

Gorgeous CAS card Lisa - you do these so well!
Love the colour.
Have a fab evening.
Debs xx

Jen Nelson said...

gorgeous lisa
jen x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Lisa....and I'm loving your colour too hun...

big hugs Vicky xx

Doreen said...

Love this one Lisa.xxx

Cath Wilson said...

That's such a beautiful little card and I love your butterfly trail. Do'nt work too hard!

Sue said...

Hi hun
fabulous card, funny i did two for it 2day both in green don't like em though, lol gona blog them 2moro, sue,x

Carol said...

This is fabulous Lisa, love your little leaf stamp. Carol x

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

It's amazing what you can come up with when you have to dig deep in your stash and this is a brilliant end result!
I love the text in the inked squares :)

Had to chuckle at your comment on the new Christmas song Dexter is learning :)
Jenny x

Kat said...

Gorgeous Lisa, love how you've achieved this. Funny how if you search far enough you can usually find what you need even when you think you don't have the right item at all lol!

Kat xx

Anonymous said...

Perfect!
xx

Claire said...

This is a really lovely CAS card. Hugs, Claire x

Di said...

Love it!! Di xx

Feebsy said...

I always love your CAS cards Lisa, you have such a wonderful style. Funny how the butterfly was a last minute edition, it looks so perfect and adds a nice finishing touch.

Feebsy
xx

Juls said...

very stylish card!! Hugs Juls

Marrigje said...

I love this. Beautiful!

Jackie said...

What a stunning card, so stylish :o)
Jackie xx

Jules said...

What a fantastic idea Lisa .. .. I love this very much!!!

Cute little stamps too!

Love Jules xx

Margaret said...

What a fab card!
Margaret x

Kathyk said...

Gr8 idea and a super card

Kathyk

♥Gemma♥ said...

Simple but ever so effective sweetie..love it!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Michelle Short said...

Great card Lisa, such cute stamps! xx

coops said...

stunning card lisa.you rock the cas look :D

xx coops xx

Christine L said...

So clean and simple and so stunning! Another fab creation Lisa.

Hugs
Christine x

Anonymous said...

Perfect CAS card Lisa, love it!
Helen x

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! Fab idea - love it :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Susan said...

Very creative with your leaves! Perfect card!

Karen said...

Very elegant and very pretty Karen x

Mandi said...

Fabulous card Lisa

Love the green
Thank you
Mandi LIM

Anonymous said...

Just perfect!

Cazza said...

Wow Lisa, you're sooooo clever!! This is absolutely stunning, you totally rock CAS honey! :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx