Sunday, 2 August 2009

1st card with distress inks

I've been playing with my distress inks today, seen as I now have some watercolour paper (how expensive?!!) and some more colours (and I've ordered another 4, so that will be 12 altogether lol). I've made a very quick card up to put one of my images on, I know the card's not very good! I still need loads more practise with the inks, can't quite get them right but I'll persevere because I do like using them. I still love my promarkers so I'll probably use them most of the time, but it's nice to have something different to use.

Anyway, here's my first attempt - hopefully my next one will be better! (tried to get a close up pic but the light's rubbish, so I might try and get a better one tomorrow)

Materials/ Tools used
  • Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girl stamp from Funky Kits, coloured with distress inks - scattered straw & brushed corduroy (hair), tattered rose & worn lipstick (skin), faded jeans & scattered straw (dress, tights & flowers)
  • Downloaded sentiment from Pink Petticoat, gems from stash
  • Green Tara flowers, rose from Hobbycraft
  • Gingham paper is a Funky Fairy download
  • Labels 4 nestie (cut for me by a friend - thank you Sarah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment