Thursday 17 July 2014

Teachers gifts - clipboards

Hello everyone :o)

I've sent the teachers gifts into school today, so I thought I'd show them here... I almost lost the will to live while making them though!  Actually 3 of them came together fairly easily, and the last one just wouldn't play nicely... I might have said a naughty word or two.

They're quite simply decorated, as I wanted them to be usable without too many lumpy bits.





I've used mostly older papers, as I haven't bought much in 12x12 for a while... they started as plain MDF boards that I found on Amazon HERE.  This was much easier than last year's attempts, because I didn't have to work around a clip... I used mod podge to adhere the papers, left that to dry, then added borders and stamped the names, then another coat of mod podge to seal them.  Then I just had to hot glue the clips into place at the back.  Which all sounds very simple, but for some reason the papers on the last one kept bubbling up and lifting... I ruined two boards making that one!

I went on Dex's class trip today, which was very silly of me really as there's still so much to do, and we go away on Saturday!  But he looked so hopeful when he asked me, I just couldn't resist... So we've been on a 'travel' themed trip - a walk, then bus trip, then a tram, then a train, then a vintage open-topped bus that took us to the transport museum... all good fun, but SO very hot today, so I'm a bit limp now!

Thanks for popping in... hope you have a lovely evening :o)

23 comments:

Chrissy said...

Your clip boards are fantastic Lisa..what a great idea for a teachers gift.I love all the papers.I used to love most of the class trips I went on...until I had to go on a swimming one..I dont do swimming..

luv CHRISSYxx

Annette said...

They're all gorgeous. Fab papers.
The trip sounds good (I love using the trams in Sheffield as we don't have them at home so it's always a novelty!). Glad you had a good day and Dex enjoyed it.
xx

Unknown said...

These are fantastic Lisa wish I was one of the teacher bet they luv them.
Chris x

Rebecca Hoy said...

Really great gifts Lisa, I'd love to recieve something like this, Rebecca x

Donna Mosley said...

Love the clip boards Lisa, what a lovely & thoughtful idea. Sounds like you've had a lovely day hun.

Donna x

heidy said...

Love those clipboards Lisa!!
XXX Heidy

Sue said...

These look gorgeous Lisa, such special gifts. I love the papers.
Hugs Sue xx

rachel said...

these are lovely teacher gifts Lisa - much better than mine - but I did have 15 to make!!!! That included the dance teachers! Hope you get ready for your hols! We go on Monday evening! Hugs rachel x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What perfect gifts for teachers, I'm sure they all loved them.
I bet Dex loved his mum coming along on the trip, I worked in the mornings so I could never go on them and my girls were forever asking me to. Glad you had a lovely day.
Lorraine

Julie said...

Oh my,I for one would love to receive one of these, they most perfect gifts ever! Every teacher would get lots of use from one of these beauties! I'm interested where you found the amazing clips for them!.

Carole Pollard said...

What a fabulous thing to do such a wonderful idea they are fantastic. Glad you enjoyed the school trip and I'm sure everything will get done for your holiday. Love and happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

aussie aNNie said...

Super colourful clipboards, I have mine ordered a week ago and waiting for it's arrival......love the details here...have a good day...aNNie xx

The Journey is the Start

Jackie said...

They look lovely, but I must confess that as an "older person" I don't understand the concept of teacher gifts. When I was at school, and indeed when my kids were at school, gift for the teacher were unheard of! :o)
Jacfkie xx

Jane Savage said...

These look incredible, Lisa! Lucky teachers! Glad you had a fab, if hot, day out!
Have a lovely weekend! xx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a super idea for your son's teachers and how very good of you to make something - i must confess and cheated, bought mine M&S vouchers !!

Oooo your son's trips sounds fabby, Harrison would so love something like that - i'll have to check out the transport museum, next time we are in Yorkshire, Luv Sam x

Mary J said...

Really fab clipboards, Lisa - I need to make me one of those!

rosie said...

fab clipboard. I'd be delighted with one of these!!
my clipboards are pink and black at work! boring
your trip sounded fun x

Unknown said...

Such wonderfully altered clipboards Lisa, they make such perfect gifts for teachers and so pretty, too! Well done! hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Christine L said...

I'm sure these will be gratefully received Lisa... they're all fabulous, but I DO love Miss McGraths more with that gorgeous butterfly paper!

Hugs
Christine x
PS... have a lovely holiday! x

Pia S said...

I'd say your efforts was worth it, Lisa! Such great personal gifts for the teachers!

Kat W said...

These are such a great idea especially as they are both useful and pretty!
Sounds like you had a packed day out on the school trip - no wonder you were tired out!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Anonymous said...

These are stunning almost wish I was a teacher getting one of these x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

These are beautiful, such a lovely idea and I really like the different variations.
Rebecca.