Sunday 19 May 2013

(Sort of) CAS Christening card!

Hello everyone :o)

My auntie (the one who's just a few years older than me) orders a lot of my cards, and as I've mentioned before she prefers them very CAS... this week she asked for a Christening card and I just couldn't think of anything CAS without being overly religious (knowing she wouldn't want it to be).

After googling and looking on Pinterest, I still hadn't found anything that inspired me, so this is what I ended up with - not quite as CAS as I was aiming for but ok hopefully!


Items Used
White pearlised cardstock - Papermill Direct
Onesie die - Papertrey Ink
Embossing folders - Sizzix (flowers) & Stampin' Up (stripes)
Ribbon - Fantastic Ribbons
Sentiment stamp - LOTV
Spellbinders oval dies

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
In The Pink - maybe baby (please delete if there's not enough pink, or if Christening cards aren't allowed!)
Stamping Sensations - embossing & texture
Crafty Ribbons - no designer paper

Off for a little commenting catch up... Hope you have a lovely evening :o)

23 comments:

Claire said...

This is lovely - love the simple design and embossing. Hugs, Claire x

Lynsey said...

Fab card Lisa!
Hugs Lynsey x

Little K Smith said...

Aw this is so lovely Lisa! A fabulous die and I love the embossing too! She'll love it!
Kelly.x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa. I love the design with fab embossing and delicate shades of pink
hugs Sue xx

Mau xx said...

Hi Lisa, Its superb I am sure she will be thrilled with it.
Hugs Mau xx

Sandra said...

I think it's lovely xxx

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, love the embossing :o)
Jackie xx

Juls said...

This us so sweet, the embossed babygrow, hugs Juls xxx

Pia S said...

I think this is just adorable, Lisa! It's CAS in the sense that there aren't any fussy details, embellishments or flower. The embossed pattern of the onesie gives this card an elegant feel - I think it's perfect for a christening!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. I love the pretty embossing.
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

I love the embossing and how you've kept it in just the two colours. It's lovely :-)

Emma x

Zippy said...

Gorgeous card and love the embossing xxx

Janette said...

Lisa it's gorgeous, stop worrying..xx

Janet - aka stacky said...

Such a perfect cas card Lisa and so lovely too xx

pinky said...

Its beautiful, love all the embossing and hint of pink. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

coops said...

so beautiful lisa.the embossed babygro is adorable :D

xx coops xx

Anke said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
hugs Anke

cebelica said...

This is really beautiful. I like the mbossing and the inked edges! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Lisa, Wow, you are great at doing CAS cards and what a perfect card for a christening, the embossing is beautiful on the baby grow, Have a lovely evening, Big hugs, Teresa xxx

Laura said...

Very pretty Lisa
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
Laura
:)

Rebecca Hoy said...

Beautiful embossing. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Challenge this week- good luck.

Rebecca x

Christine L said...

I'm sure your Auntie was thrilled with this fab Christening card Lisa.. love that embossed onesie!!

Thanks for sharing at In The Pink... hope to see you here again soon!

Hugs
Christine x

Lynne K said...

An adorable card! The embossing is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

Lynne