Wednesday 15 May 2013

Less is More - coloured card blank

Hello everyone :o)

I have another DigiStamp Boutique card today, this time for the 'coloured card blank' challenge at Less is More... it's also one-layer week and I'm not great at those!...


Like my card yesterday, I opened up a solid digi paper in PagePlus, layered the image on and then added the sentiment underneath (changing the text to white before printing).  Then I sanded the colour off around the edges to leave a distressed white border.  It's dark blue, not black, in case it looks like I'm cheating for the challenge lol.

Items Used
White linen cardstock - Papermill Direct
Digi stamp & sentiment - Tie Set - DigiStamp Boutique
Solid digi paper - Pink Petticoat
Colouring - copics & prisma pencils

Bram's home from the vets looking very bald and sorry for himself, poor love!  He had two abscesses that both needed draining, and he's now got big holes that need bathing to keep them open... I'm not even thinking about the bill, it's too scary... sob!

Hope you all have a lovely evening :o)

21 comments:

Chrissie said...

Really clever stuff!
It looks fab Lisa!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

I'm trying to understand the process but I'm technically challenged so I'll stick to admiring your fantastic card and computer skills instead!! The ties really look good on the navy bkgd... fab colours :0)
Jenny x

Vicky said...

Fabulous Lisa..! and loving the sentiment too...:O)

Hope Bram is feeling a little better tonight hun...poor thing..and I'm sure you will be brilliant at cleaning his wounds too..

take care and big hugs Vicky xx

Whisper said...

Oh simply super hun.

Oh your poor pet, sounds like a nasty thing, Luv Sam x

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Lisa!! it's a fab image and I love how you've used the paper behind the image and done the sentiment… your colouring is beautiful… it's a fab card! :-)
Aww poor Bram… I hope he's doing ok… it sounds painful for him.. fingers crossed he is feeling better soon...
Take care hun
Big hugs
Sue xx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Lisa. I love how you have printed the image directly onto the coloured paper.
Oh, poor Bram must wonder what is going on. I hope he is better soon
hugs Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Clever and so effective!! Fab work Lisa.
xx

heidy said...

Fabolous card Lisa!!
Give poor Bram a big hug from me!!!
XXX Heidy

Kat said...

Great male card Lisa. Love it.

Hope poor Bram's ok.

Kat xx

rachel said...

hey Lisa - this is just perfect xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Lisa, this is a great male card!
Hugs Lynsey x

Annette said...

Hahaha, fab card honey.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sharon said...

I love this Lisa. A fabulous male card though I can't quite get my head round the process - though it is nearly 11pm.
Hugs Sharon. x

mixamatoasties said...

That's very clever Lisa! Brilliant.

Susan x

Janet - aka stacky said...

Very clever Lisa your card looks brilliant xx

Aunty Sue said...

Totally brilliant love it

Jackie said...

Fabulous CAS card, I love it :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

fantastic male card lisa.your design is stunning ,
I hope your cat is better soon.

xx coops xx

Pia S said...

I think this is a great take on a one-layer card! I really don't know how to do these... Fun design for a male card!

Aileen said...

The dark card blank and colourful ties make a super card for a Dad. Masculine but still fun. x

Juls said...

Brill!! Hugs Juls xxx