Wednesday 8 February 2012

Waste Not Wednesdays wk6

Here we are at week 6 of my little challenge to get those poor un-inked stamps and digis used... it would be lovely to see you join in using something you've not managed to use yet.  Just for fun usually, but last week I said there would be a little prize - although as usual I forgot to take a pic of it earlier!

So we need a winner, and that is....

Number 3 - Victoria

Congrats hun :o)  Can you email me your address please and I'll get your goodies out to you - here's a pic of what you've won...


I can confirm that the papers are just a bit gorgeous, because I bought a pack myself and I've used them on this week's card!




This week I've used an unused Pollycraft digi - isn't he gorgeous?  Before I got the prisma pencils I had a tendency to buy bear images and then not use them, because I find them a bit tricky to get right with promarkers.  They're so easy with prisma pencils though, I love colouring them now :o)  So the bear and the grass are coloured with pencils, the clothing, kite and sky was done with promarkers and flexmarkers.

I've used my new Papermania capsule papers - love these, every sheet is gorgeous... I bought the pink ones as well lol!  The cardstock is Stampin' Up textured kraft card.  The nestie shape is also new, it's Labels 22 and I bought them from Pink Gem here - I used the largest die to cut out the image and then used the die as a template to draw and cut out a mat for it.  Punched some holes using my cropodile and threaded some hemp twine through, the image and the card front are popped up with foam pads.  Added pearls from my stash and a Craftwork Cards sentiment tag.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:
Well I hope to see lots of you joining in again, back to just for fun again this week - thanks to everyone who's been playing along, it's lovely to see your creations :o)



33 comments:

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww adorable card, i have spent the last couple of day with me pencils think i can blend much better with them. Lovely little scene, great layout, will be joining in later, sue.x

Anonymous said...

Perfect and gorgeous! Need those papers!
xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Totally gorgeous card Lisa!! Those papers do look delicious but I will not be tempted! I will be playing along just as soon as I've got all these birthdays behind me!! I've plenty of unused stamps that need attention, maybe even next week. How's your noisy house? Hugs xx

Mau xx said...

Love the card Lisa, and these papers are Gorgeous, I bought them last week but haven't used any yet....looks like your challenge might see them christened :))
Bet you are enjoying Morgan's return to the nest xx

Vicky said...

So cute Lisa... and those dp's are lush too :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love those papers too but I'm resisting buying them atm! Carol x

Lisa said...

Hi Lisa, Aww cute card! Love this image ... great colouring.

Lisa x

heidy said...

Oh this fabolous card puts a big smile on myface Lisa!
Love it!
Big hugs Heidy

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love the cute image and gorgeous checked papers. The grass and sky look fabulous and love the string through the holes.
Lyndsey xx

Lou Mac said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card! LOVE those papers. Your sky background is amazing too!! Nice job.

Thanks for joining us over at Pollycraft for our 'Chill Out' challenge this week!!

xo, Lou Mac.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, another wonderful card - love the papers (and I won't be tempted, I won't!) and the bear is so cute!

I have my card made and ready to go - will link tomorrow.

Sarah

Debs M said...

great card, love the colouring on the bear and the clouds look fab x

Chrissy said...

So adorable Lisa,I love the papers, fabulous sky....great card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie said...

Oh I love that paper, and the image is very sweet. Gorgeous card :o)
Jackie xx

Donna said...

Way too cute Lisa, I love these papers and your fab colouring, love the little tag too...in fact I love everything about this card :) Donna ♥ x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so beautiful, such a sweet bear.
luv
Debby

Squirrel x said...

I agree with you about PMs and animals hun, that's why I love my DIs so much! Gorgeous bear and a wonderful card, the string is an ace idea. Drooling over the papers ...... I must resist, I must resist. Hugs Sxx

Joey said...

Lisa hun this is stunning, gorgeous design, thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie totally gorgeous gorgeous card loving the fab image with the super scene.....totally agree about the pencils hun I think they give a realistic look to the bears.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Whisper said...

How adorable, am loving that paper too and those super shaped nesties, Luv Sam x

Aileen said...

Cute card for a boy. Love the way you've done the grass. x

cheryl said...

oh wow this is one stunning card those papers are just beautiful,love the detail hugs Cherylxxxx

Jenny said...

I love that teddy, so pleased you enjoy shading them with your pencils Lisa :0)
Talking of shading....the sky is just brilliant too!
Jenny x

coops said...

stunning male card lisa.gorgeous blue colours and the image and paper are fab :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card Lisa, great image and design!
Helen x

Christine L said...

Hi Lisa
Fab bear card and perfect for a boy! Love that hemp twine idea too!
Hugs
Christine x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous card, love Pollycraft bears. Meant to link my card the other day as I used beloved Daisy from SN. Will try to play along this week.

Lorraine said...

EEK - so cute! I love that bear image, the scene you created and the blues!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lisa that image is fabulous the blending looks great, I love the paper and the die cut also the string the perfect touch for a boy.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jessica said...

Gorgeous image - love the twine. Jx

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! I love the image and the grass is fab :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Victoria said...

Thank you so much for the goodies! This is such a gorgeous card and the bear looks brilliant in pencil. You have such a knack for colouring!

Cazza said...

This is an absolute corker Lisa, amazing colouring and gorgeous DP's too!
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx