Friday 10 February 2012

Less is More - aqua

Happy Birthday Less is More - thank you for all the fab challenges Chrissie and Mandi, it's been great fun joining in with you :o)  The challenge this week is 'aqua', which I really like but seem to have very little of in my craft room... I've been trying to think something up all week, but the end result wasn't really worth the wait!


Annoyingly it doesn't even look particularly aqua in the photo, but I promise it is!  I searched through all my inks but the nearest I've got is a distress ink in broken china - a bit too bright I thought.  So I rummaged through all the paper and cardstock in my stash and found a few sheets of this mottled paper, no idea where it's from.

I used black core'dinations to make the card base, the stamps are from a Flourishes set and the corner die is the Madera Corner by Memory Box.  I've 'coloured' the shoe with a sakura clear stardust pen for a bit of shimmer.

I've had to abandon the car around the corner this morning.  We had a very light covering of snow last night - on top of a bit of leftover ice from the last lot.  I took Morgan to school and the car made it off of our cul-de-sac ok, but when I tried to come back up again it wasn't having any of it!  One of the neighbours came over and gave me a push, but it still wasn't going anywhere, so I had to back up and park on the road at the bottom.  So I'm not looking forward to going out again to pick him up from school, fingers crossed it'll have cleared a bit by then.

Back later with my Stamp Fairy GDT card :o)

24 comments:

Debs M said...

i think it's lovely x good luck with the car x

Anonymous said...

There you go again - it was well worth the wait mrs! Love the shoe image and the corner flourish is just perfect.
xx

s4rah said...

This is gorgeous, so classy! Good luck with the car!

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa love that card its so classy and that image is gorgeous. I do hope you manage to get the car back to the house later today. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Vicky said...

Right ok this is so unfair not only do you make gorgeous cards all the time but you always manage these LIM cards PERFECTLY........share your secret,.......I cannit do these for blinking toffee honestly I would do better grabbing summat from the bin, stamping on it a bit.....no not with rubber with my feet & then possibly reversing my large van over it a few hundred times in the drive.....
You however always make fantastic ones that ARE ALWAYS worth the wait......do you know I hate shouting at ya but ya gotta listen woman.......I have my hand on my hip right now as well missy lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Its fantastic hunni

Denise said...

I go with everything Vicky says!!!!! But it really is gorgeous.
Take care this afternoon and I hope you manage to move the car. We had snow last night but thankfully the sun is shining today and the roads are clear.
Hugs
Denise xx

Jennie said...

I disagree, it's beautiful!
Love the flourish too, its so elegant!

Be careful with the car my love. This weather is horrendous xx

Mandi said...

Wouldn't mind a pair of those sandals Lisa!
Super card, love the soft aqua
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

melsanford said...

This is beautiful! Very elegant :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Debs said...

Well I think it's gorgeous Lisa - love the MB die cut and the image is lush :o)
Hope the snow doesn't cause too much disruption :o)
Have a fab evening.
Debs xx

Susan said...

I can't see the aqua...but the card is fabulous! Love that element in the upper corner..and who wouldn't love a lovely pair of shoes like that!!

Tracey T said...

I think this is lovely, really stylish and uncluttered. Hope the weather has improved and that you and the wee one are back home safely after school. xx

heidy said...

As lways your CAS card is so pretty Lisa!
And good luck with the card,BTW I think you already pick Morgan from school by this time lol
Hope it went well!
XXX Heidy

Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa and love the corner die. Hope all went well with the car.
Jo x

Chrissie said...

Looks great Lisa, I hope the car finds its way home soon!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Karen Petitt said...

Lisa this is gorgeous - how can you think it's not good? I love it - it's perfect! Love those Memory Box dies and want more of them! Hope you managed to retrieve the car! hugs Karen x

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, it's gorgeous - can't see what's wrong with it at all. It's really elegant and that die is wonderful!

Sarah

Jenny said...

Love that you used the aqua for the bkgd and the black is such a vivid contrast :0). It's a beautiful card Lisa.
You're brave attempting to take the car out.... I'm frightened of driving in these conditions!
Jenny x

Jackie said...

Fabulous card, that MB corner die is so versatile :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

so stunning lisa.really elegant design and i love the shoe and corner florish :D

xx coops xx

rosie said...

simply stunning x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful and simple what more could be asked for, this is superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Aileen said...

And a tres chic card. Looks fab. x

Cazza said...

Beautiful Lisa and tres chic!
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx