Tuesday 7 February 2012

A polar bear in pink & yellow!

I don't think I've ever used a polar bear on anything other than a Christmas card, but there's a first time for everything, and I think it worked out :o)  One of my lovely customers requested this one - her little girl currently has a bit of a polar bear 'thing' and these are her favourite colours, so fingers crossed this will be ok!



I was quite happy with this card until I saw the photos, and now I've decided the flowers look a bit imbalanced!  So I might alter things ever so slightly before it gets handed over.  The image is from Pink Cat Studio, coloured with promarkers and flexmarkers, with glamour dust on the hood.  Papers are K&Co, flowers are from Wild Orchid.  The tag was cut with a Stampin' Up punch, butterfly cut with an x-cut die, number 5 with a sizzix die (night & day alphabet).  The daughter sentiment I think is Cuddly Buddly - coloured in with promarkers to match and the birthday sentiment was computer generated.  The card blank is a large 8" square made from Papermill hammered card.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges:

It's my mum's birthday today, although she doesn't read my blog so there's probably no point saying happy birthday lol.  We'll be going round to take her pressies this evening - luckily I made her card ages ago, although I've just realised it needs a box and I didn't make that, so I'll have to quickly make one when I've picked the boys up from school and nursery!  Will catch up with you all later :o)

35 comments:

Jen Nelson said...

HI Lisa... this is so sweet..

Jen xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Lisa. How beautiful and so very pretty and delicate. Gorgeous colours, and that cute image. Love it.
Love Sandra xxx

Janette said...

Hi Lisa, Oh I think this worked out beautifully, the little girl will surely love it.....
Hope your mum has a very Happy Birthday....xxxx

sue w. said...

Hi Lisa, the flowers look perfect to me, colours are fab and the image is so cute.
Hugs Sue W.

Sue said...

hi hun
aww a very pretty card, luv the sparkle, beautiful embelies & paper, luv the colour combo, sue,x

Lily Anuska said...

Hi Lisa. Love this beautiful colors and image. Olivia will love it. Hugs. Lily Anuska

Donna said...

Totally gorge Lisa and I love the soft pastel colours...me thinks it will ber perfect...what's not to love :) Donna ♥ x

Debs M said...

this is gorgeous, she will love it x

Anonymous said...

So cute Lisa.
Sue x

pickle said...

Aww Lisa this is absolutely delightful. I love the soft colour combo it's so pretty and as always your colouring is Perfect x Kerry x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie loving the cutie image. Love the colours & layers & I think the flowers look perfect its a REALLY pretty card, perfect!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Donna said...

Ok??? It's absolutely perfect!! Thank you so much, I love it and so will Olivia.

I love all your cards but this one is extra special.

Dx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and the pastel papers look so pretty. Fabulous flowers too.
Lyndsey xx

CraftyC said...

How sweet is this Lisa, a gorgeous card and Happy Birthday to your mum!
Clairex

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa what a gorgeous image, love the sparkly hair, and the soft colour choice. hugs Shirleyxxxx

heidy said...

Oh lovely Lisa,love everything on this card!
Big hugs Heidy

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, what a pretty card! Love the colours and the image. Would never have thought of using the patterned paper for the leaves - mine are always boring green!

Hope your mum has a lovely birthday.

Sarah

Claire said...

Just adorable Lisa, love the soft colours. Hugs, Claire x

Louise said...

It's gorgeous, I'm sure your customer will love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she'll love it Lisa! So gorgeous. My comments must be getting really boring now, lol! Can't think what else to say when everything IS just gorgeous! Go on, make a naff one!!
xxx

Lorraine said...

EEK, her little girl will just love this! It's so pretty! I love the colors, adorable image and the pretty embellies!

Victoria said...

I love the colours on this card and that image is sooo sweet!

Sandy said...

Sweet image, love the soft colours you've used - lovely layers and fab embellishments too.
I've added my name to your follower list as well.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

It definitely worked Lisa, love it!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

So soft and adorable Lisa!! :) Love the sparkles!!

Jules said...

It is beautiful Lisa .. .. I am sure your customer and the recipient are going to be very, very happy with it.

Gorgeous colours, image and layout!

Hope your Mum had a good birthday.

Love Jules xx

Jackie said...

There's nothing wrong with it at all, it's a gorgeous card with a delightful image :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

aw this is so gorgeous lisa.adorable image and the pink and yellow combo is really pretty ;D

xx coops xx

melsanford said...

Oh this is so sweet! What gorgeous colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Feebsy said...

Awww your card is so cute. I love these colours and the image is uber cute. I'm sure your customer will love it!

Feebs
xx

Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa, lovely soft colours, fab image and love the flowers. Perfect for a young girl!Belated Happy Birthday to your Mum!
Jo x

Mau xx said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love the colours, they are so pretty together and your flowers look lovely xx a tip.... they usually come in odd numbers, I only know that from my wedding cake days....lol
The card is beautiful, and Happy birthday to your mum xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

This is so delightful, Lisa that cute image the lovely papers and the flowers look wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Cazza said...

Wow Lisa, this is so so pretty, such a fabby image and a beautiful colour combo too! :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Lisa said...

Thank you Lisa for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly with this adorable card!