Friday 19 January 2018

Anything Goes at Polkadoodles

Morning everyone :o)

I'm here with my DT card for Polkadoodles, where our challenges are always 'anything goes' for participants, but the DT are following the theme of 'winter birthday'.


I don't really make 'winter birthday' cards as such... I find they can often end up looking like Christmas cards, and having a winter birthday myself (and loads in our family too) I like it to be totally separate from Christmas.  So I chose an image that looked fairly warmly dressed and some chilly colours, and that's about as wintery as I get!

I've used a gorgeous image called January Heart on Your Sleeve, coloured with copics.  The papers are from the Belle Papillon paper pad and the sentiment was made using stamps from the fab Build Your Own Male Sentiments set.  The flowers are my favourite MFT die-namics die and the buttons are from my stash... I actually intended to use the plain side of that spotty button, but went on auto-pilot and put the glue on the wrong side lol, so it's one of those happy accidents that all the buttons are different!  Oh, and there's a Doodlebug sparkly enamel dot on the image's flower.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
As You Like It - your favourite die and why (I love this flower die and use it ALL the time, probably too much!  It just fits in so nicely when I want something pretty but not too fussy)
Aud Sentiments - anything goes
Fab n Funky - girly
Simon Says Wednesday - add a sentiment

Mum's home from hospital, but still really not well... not sure if it's the flu causing it or a reaction to one of the medications she now has to take, but she can't keep any food down and is getting very fed up.  I'm still shaking off my cold, so haven't risked going to see her yet, as the last thing she needs is more germs!  I'm feeling much better now though, so hopefully I can go at the weekend.

Thanks for popping in, hope you have a lovely day :o)

16 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Lisa love the image have a lovely week end
Dianne xx :)

Elaine Stark said...

A fab card. Lovely colours and colouring. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Aunty Sue said...

Lisa this is stunning love her hair so jealous i want hair like that. Know what you mean about winter birthdays my Dad has one the week before christmas.

Chris said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, love the image (I have this one, must get around to colouring her!) your colouring is fantastic, beautiful papers and colours. Have a lovely weekend
Chris
x

Carole Pollard said...

What a delightful design just love the colours and fab stamp Hope your Mum is feeling better very soon Sending love and hugs Carole x

Sarah said...

What a lovely card Lisa, perfect wintry colours and a super design. Best wishes to your Mum xx

Sarah said...

Oooh and thank you for sharing your lovely favourite die cut flowers at AYLI too xx

Furrbster said...

Gorgeous colouring, and such a perfect wintery card.

Thanks for playig along at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A delightful card, gorgeous colouring and colours and love those "odd" buttons. Hope Mum gets better soon.
Faith
x

pinky said...

Oh Lisa, your colouring skills are just amazing. This is one gorgeous card.

Debra K. said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! Outstanding colouring of the image especially her hair, got a lovely shine to it going on there :). The spotty button looks like it was meant to be there.
So sorry your mum is still really ill, my heart goes out to her. Hopefully you'll be better soon and able to cheer her up a bit. Take care. Debra x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is beautiful and I lve the buttons. Hope you and your Mum are better soon. Blogger is being a pain with embedded comment boxes so would love you to chaneg to a pop up box in settngs, comments x

N-Eva said...

So gorgeous!.Colour combo and that image is super cute! ! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Fab'n'Funky challenge. Good luck. Neva

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! It's so sweet and beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours love it x

Sandy said...

Beautifully coloured image teamed with fab design. Love it.Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments challenge blog.
Hugs, Sandy DT