Wednesday 18 July 2012

Waste Not Wednesdays wk27

It's week 27 of my little Waste Not Wednesdays challenge, here to get you using up all those neglected and unused stamps and stash... As we go on holiday in a few days, I'm leaving the linky open for 2 weeks this time and I have a prize for one lucky random winner, to make up for the fact that I won't be around to leave comments for you all!

The prize is this very cute Christmas stamp set from The Greeting Farm :o)


And here's my card for today...



I needed a 40th birthday card for my Auntie - although as I've mentioned before, I don't actually call her auntie as she's only a few years older than me and we're friends more than anything else.  She prefers my clean & simple cards, so although this is fairly simple, I think it's probably a bit on the fussy side for her really... Wait until you see the anniversary card I've made for her though - I'll show that tomorrow and it's scarily CAS!

Anyway... I've used Papermania papers, a butterfly die (x-cut? not sure...) that I haven't used for ages, and pearls from my stash.  I cut the edge of the sentiment with my ancient scallop scissors and added a corner cut with a Whimsy die... and that's about it.

Running off to do some commenting again!  Have a lovely evening :o)

26 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty fluttery butterflies..
Thanks for a chance in playing along in your fun challenge....

Pia S said...

Your card is so beautiful and elegant. Lovely colors and like how you've placed butterflies a bit over the edge of your card.

Kim said...

love the style of this card - simple and very effective!
Kim x

Lisa said...

Hi Lisa, Beautiful card! Love the butterflies and gorgeous blue/kraft colours.

Lisa x

heidy said...

Oh this is breathtaking Lisa,so beautiful!
XXX Heidy

Victoria said...

My, what beautiful papers!!!! A kind soul sent me some of those a few months ago (gosh, was it really a few months ago?!) Beautiful butterflies!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Hi, I've come play with you for the first time, thanks for the challenge! Your butterfly card is beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing the scary CAS card ;0)

Debs M said...

ooooh love those stamps!!!
ooooh love that card..fabby butterflies, love it! will have to get a card together x

Christine L said...

Hi Lisa..

Love this CAS card... The blue is perfect with the Kraft and those butterflies are fab!

Hugs
Christine x

Kelly Schelske said...

Love the beautiful butterflies Lisa!

Lorraine said...

Beautifully elegant card. Love the butterflies too!
Lorraine x

Mary J said...

Oh, I love your fresh, clean card, Lisa!

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and fabulous butterflies. Fab layout and love the colours.
Lyndsey xx

Aileen said...

Lovely design Lisa. The butterflies are super and I love the blue and craft. Have a great holiday, we are just back so I'm trying to catch up with everybody! x

Lorraine said...

Your card is beautiful, Lisa! I don't think it's too fussy. I bet she loves it. I can't believe it's waste-not Wednesday already. I still have tooo many things I haven't used, lol.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Love this Lisa! What a stunning card...the layout is just perfect and the colours are really pretty. The pearls on the butterflies are a great touch :) Hope you have a fun time on holidays!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful CAS card Lisa!
Helen x

Jackie said...

A really beautiful card, I love the blue with the kraftcard :o)
Jackie xx

Denise said...

Love this clean and simple card - such pretty butterflies and great design.
Hugs
Denise xx

coops said...

so stunning lisa.really pretty design and i love the butterflies :D

xx coops xx

Debs said...

Beautiful Lisa - love the striking blue and my favourite flutterbys.
Take care
Debs xx

Laura said...

This is lovely Lisa! The butterflys are really elegant. Laura xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning!
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Lisa I love the CAS style they always look so professional, this one is just perfect those butterflies and the colours look terrific.
Hugs
Lorraine x

rosie said...

gorgeous Lisa. fab butterflies. love the colour x

lbwright22-loopylou said...

AMAZING card. Have a super holiday. So glad I found this challenge. I like to try and challenge myself to use up scraps and this is just extra encouragement.