Monday 16 July 2012

Mimosa waiting for Santa - The Stamp Basket DT

Hello!  Here I am, late again... I'm sorry I've been a bit absent for the last couple of days - I've got so much to do before we go away on Saturday, I'm crafting non-stop at the moment lol.  At the weekend I wrote myself a list of all the cards I need to make before we go, I thought it might make me feel less stressed to see them written down and getting them crossed off... when I'd finished there were 17 cards on my list and I most certainly didn't feel less stressed!  So I apologise in advance if I don't get chance to visit your blogs too often this week, I'll do my best whenever I get a spare moment.

Right, onto today's card which is for The Stamp Basket blog, where it's still 'Christmas in July' so I had to make another of them there Christmas thingies... also Janet's having a Guest DT call so pop over and read this post for all the details if you fancy applying.




Items available from The Stamp Basket



I've coloured Mimosa with promarkers and flexmarkers, and added a bit of sparkly glamour dust.  The snowflakes were cut with a MS punch and sprayed with 'spray & sparkle', not that you can tell from the photos... Added some card candy and a Stampin' Up sentiment, and everything else is from The Stamp Basket.  Oh, I used my new MFT mini scallop border die too, on the edge next to the stripy paper - it cuts beautifully.

I followed the sketch at Sketch Saturday, so I'm entering my card there.

Will try and do some catching up with you all tomorrow if I don't manage it tonight.  Hope you've all had a lovely day :o)

27 comments:

Victoria said...

Beautiful traditional papers that just make me long for Christmas! (though a summer would be nice first, eh?!)

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty Christmas card in JUly!

Shirley said...

Wow, this card is wonderful! Nothing really modern, but really Christmas!

xx Shirley

Kim said...

So cute! But 17 cards? I would be very stressed hahaha!

Danni said...

What a darling card! Just so sweet!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

:O 17!!! LOL! Goodluck!! You can do it! Love this one Lisa...Beautiful colouring and the layout is just lovely :)

Jackie said...

A gorgeous card and a very cute image. Good luck with all those cards in such a short time! :o)
Jackie xx

heidy said...

17 cards,thats stressfull lol!
Love this sweet christmas card Lisa!
Big XXX Heidy

debby4000 said...

Oh what a little sweetheart of a card.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, such a delightful image and I love the colours

Sue

Caroline said...

WOW this is beautiful love the design and the colours are fab. Caroline xxx

Mary J said...

So gorgeous Lisa! Love how you used the papers and border punch!

The Stamp Basket said...

Beautiful, Lisa...thanks so much for making a card in such a busy week..Hugs, Janet xx

Lorraine said...

She is such a cutie! Love the colours and traditional backing papers too.
Try not to get too stressed before your hols - I know easier said than done!! :-)
Lorraine x

Liz's creative corner said...

Gorgeous card hun love the cloud effect,

hope your getting there, enjoy your hols, hugs Liz xx

Doreen said...

gorgeous card. The image is so sweet
Big hugs
Doreen xx

emma mitchell said...

Stunning card and this image is beautiful .
Hugs Emma xx

Jane said...

What a lovely Christmas card
Hugs
Jane

Craftdee said...

What a lovely sweet card, what's this.... 16 to go?? Have fun! Donna

Janette said...

So gorgeous, love the layout, papers are perfect and the sweet image is yummy Lisa....love it.xx

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.the image is so sweet and i love your colours ;D

xx coops xx

Lisa said...

Hi Lisa, Gorgeous card! Love this adorable image and traditional Christmas colours :-)

Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous papers and a gorgeous image Lisa, love it!
Helen x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lisa this just pulled at my heart strings that image is so beautiful so are the papers and embellishments, superb card.
hugs
Lorraine x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Lisa, This is a wonderful card - fabby image and papers - your colouring is wonderful:) Hugs, Teresa x

Denise said...

This is gorgeous Lisa. Love the adorable image, fantastic colouring and great layout.
Hugs
Denise xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. Love the sweet image.
xx