Thursday 17 January 2019

As You Like It - pearls or buttons

Hello everyone :o)

Our challenge over at As You Like It this week, is to choose between 'pearls or buttons'... my embellishment of choice is usually enamel dots, but I do like how a button looks in the centre of a flower, so I chose buttons.


As I'm working almost mojo-free at the moment, I thought I'd have a look back over some older creations on my blog and remake something, so this one is a similar idea to this card.  I might go back even further and do some more remakes, maybe I'll make it a regular thing.

Items Used
Papers - MME Lime Twist
Flower - MFT Blueprints 14 (cut from an old roll of blind fabric)
Sentiment stamp - Clearly Besotted
Buttons & bakers twine from my stash

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
Simon Says Wednesday - clean & simple
Addicted to Stamps & More - clean & simple
Simon Says Monday - recycle something (the fabric)
Crafty Calendar - make it flowery

Thanks for popping in, hope you have a lovely evening :o)

14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Lisa! Bring back buttons - why did we ever stop using them, Jo x

Renate said...

What fun to make a card in remake. You also made this crazy good.

-xiss- Renate.

Sue said...

Such a fabulous card! and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

Annette said...

This is gorgeous. I love how you've cut out the tree trunk 'negative'. xx

Chris said...

This is gorgeous Lisa...so was the original, such a lovely design.
Chris
x

Liz said...

Great card, Lisa, I love the clever design. Thanks for the inspiration to use buttons more on my cards. xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, love the design and that's one of my favourite flower dies. I like the horizontal version too - very pretty
Lorraine x

Elaine Stark said...

Love this simple card. Great use of a button. Elaine

Sarah said...

What a lovely contemporary design (both ways). Nothing wrong with revisiting cards for inspiration...It's definitely worked here!! xx

Lin said...

Lisa, I love your card! We don't see buttons used much anymore, which makes me sad - I think they're a great design element. Your design here is a wonderful CAS one - thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Monika Reeck said...

as I see the first it remind me at Coconut Tree
cool design Lisa
love the CAS design too
many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika (DT member)

Gwendolyn said...

Wow what amazing use of your papers, this is really beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations again soon! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Katrina Bufton said...

Gorgeous card, I may have to borrow this fab layout :D
Katrina x

Vicky said...

I love this design!! So Simple and clean!!