Saturday 30 June 2018

Sweet Stampin' - summer brights

Happy Saturday :o)

Our theme over at Sweet Stampin' for this week is 'summer brights'... my (teenage) son needed a birthday card for his friend, so I've gone CAS for this one.  It's always safest with those male teenage creatures to go for super simple, just on the off chance I inadvertently add something embarrassing (worst crime ever....).


There are lots of card blanks in my stash, from the 'old days' when I often bought them instead of just cutting them myself... I recently found several packs of tall, thin cards, 21cm tall and just under 7.5cm wide, they've got a fab ribbed texture too, and really suit CAS designs I think.

I used the 'sun ray' stencil from MFT, with Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon and Festive Berries.  The sentiment is a stamp from this set from Digi Stamp Boutique, embossed in detail white on black card and popped up on foam pads... and that's it!  Sooo simple but approved by the teenage one :o)

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
Simon Says Wednesday - anything goes
Craftaholics R Us - sunshine
Seize the Birthday - anything goes

Thanks for popping in, hope you have a lovely evening :o)

8 comments:

Deb said...

ABsolutely gorgeous card Lisa, don't you just love find old treasures that you can start to use up. I love the size of the that card and the texture works so perfectly with the inking!

Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Debra K. said...

Wonderful card Lisa! Fabulous ink blending and I love the sentiment on the black card as it really pops out at you. So glad your teenage one thought it was cool enough for his friend, I think it would suit anyone. Debra x

Janette said...

Stunning card, I love CAS cards so this is for me...think we all have the odd pack of cards laying about, would never buy ready cut now, but each to there own...x

Sarah said...

What a great card Lisa, your ble ding is perfect. So glad it got the teen's approval...they are so hard to please I seem to remember!! xx

Janis Lewis said...

Beautifully made! Thanks for sharing with us at Craftaholics R Us.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa! You've done such a superb job stenciling, and I love the texture of the card base. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Stampin Mindy said...

What a gorgeous sunny card. Simple and so cheery. Thank you so much for joining us for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes! Good Luck.

♥ Mindy

*Vicki* said...

Such a happy and fun card here Lisa! Love the skinny and tall CAS style too!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)