Saturday 21 April 2018

Sweet Stampin' - sympathy/ thinking of you

Hello everyone :o)

I'm here with my card for the latest challenge at Sweet Stampin', where our theme is 'sympathy/ thinking of you'...


I used one of the pretty new printable sheets from Digi Stamp Boutique, this one is from the Quick Print Birds sheet.  The sentiment is a clear stamp available HERE.  The papers are from a Craft Sensations pad I bought in The Range (I went in for a pack of gems to match a card I was making, as I didn't have quite the right thing... came out with 7 paper pads and some sheets for Morgan's bed lol.  Got the gems though!).  The sheer ribbon is from my stash and the cardstock is Core'dinations plus white linen card from Papermill Direct.

I soooo wanted to use my sewing machine on this card... I was so close to being brave and going for it, the bloomin' thing terrifies me though!  It's a Janome Mini and I've had it for years, used it once or twice when I first got it, but the whole thing with the threading process, the bobbins, the scary pedal, put me off and it's just been gathering dust ever since.  So I'm putting this here to try and push myself into getting over my fear very soon!

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
Try it on Tuesday - nature's beauty
Unicorn Challenge - use some ribbon

Thanks for popping in, hope you have a lovely evening :o)

9 comments:

Sarah said...

What a lovely card, those images are just perfect for this type of card. I love The Range but our nearest one is about 20 miles away so I don't go that often. However, I am on Annual Leave next week!! Go on, get the machine out Lisa!! xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is SO beautiful Lisa. I love the pretty quick prints panel. That's a lovely set, had a peek in the store. Love the way you've added the ribbon on this, so perfect and your gorgeous paper layers too. Really beautiful hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Debra K. said...

A wonderful card Lisa! The print does lend itself to be used for a sympathy card too. Lots of lovely layers and the ribbon looks fab too.
I always come out of The Range with loads too. It's about 30 odd miles away so we don't go often either but like you go in for one thing and come out with much more. My hubby goes and has a coffee whilst I shop so can't stop me from buying so much when we meet at a till :D. Debra x

Whisper said...

Simply stunning hun, luv Sam x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So VERY beautiful Lisa.
Faith
x

Meggymay said...

A lovely and thoughtful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Marjut said...

So beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

scrappymo! said...

Love the image and this pretty card.
I am not too much help with the sewing machine problem except to say that the Janome shop here offers free lessons to anyone with a Janome machine bought from them. Perhaps your store would do similar.

La Mesa Electricians said...

Thanks ffor this blog post