Monday 25 March 2013

Mr Bright Idea

Hello.... Ooh it's been so cold today!  Well it has been for the last few days I suppose, but I was forced outside for the school run today... brrrr!  There's ice and slushy snow everywhere too, I don't like it at all.

I have another male card today, with one of my new Darkroom Door stamps... they have some fab stamps for male cards :o)



Bit different isn't it?  Hopefully it'll appeal to someone - not everyone like soppy romantic cards do they?

Items Used
6" x 8" card base using white linen card from Papermill Direct
Stamp - Mr Bright Idea - Darkroom Door
Distress Inks - forgotten the colours!
Papers - Happy Days - Papermania
Sentiment - LOTV
Frame stamp - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Nestabilities Labels 5 dies
Stampin' Up Owl Punch (for the little hearts!)
Husband sentiment - Stampin' Up
Goosebumps spray - can't see it in the photo but it's a glossy/ bumpy texture spray, sprayed over the image
Gem from my stash

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
Cupcake Craft - cool men

I typed this up a couple of hours ago, and then forgot to hit publish lol, so I'm a bit later than planned!  Hope you enjoy the rest of your evening :o)

** Enter my candy here **

23 comments:

Mary J said...

I think it's a great card, Lisa! I try to make cards that suit the receiver and this would be perfect for a guy - my FIL would love it!

Sharon said...

This is a fabulous male card Lisa. I love the image and the hints of colour are very effective. Love the colour choice.
Hugs Sharon. x

Debs M said...

yes they do! fabulous card x

Heidi Bound said...

GREAT card! Love that cool, funky stamp!

Sue B said...

Oh I really love this Lisa!! it's a fab image and the sentiment is perfect with it… I love the papers - it's a wonderful layout and colour combo! :-))
Hope you have a good week hun!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Lisa. Such a great image and the papers and layout are fabulous.
Hugs Sue xx

Jackie said...

Fabulous card, very unusual image :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Great Male card, Mary x

rachel said...

great card Lisa - my hubby would love it - he's all about thinking so this image is perfect! Hugs Rachel x

Jenny said...

What a fab card. Perfect male creation - I love it! Jen xxx

Sonia said...

This card is so gorgeous^_^
Beautiful image^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

rosie said...

gorgeous card Lisa. fab image. love the colours. great sentiment too. very stylish x

Donna said...

Fab masculine card Lisa, cool image :) Donna ♥ x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great image. It would go perfectly with some light bulb paper I have.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Lisa, love the unusual image!
Helen x

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha! Love your male Edison card Lisa, very pretty! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Pia S said...

What a great stamp! I think it's quite tricky to find images for grown up males that I really like, but this one's fab! Great layout and colors too!

coops said...

stunning male card lisa.really love the image and your colours are fab ;D

xx coops xx

Chris said...

Fantatic image! I love it! Your card looks amazing!
chris
x

Whisper said...

What a fabby range of stamps and so love what you have done with them, Luv Sam x

Mau xx said...

So different Lisa, but great male stamps and worked to perfection.
Hugs Mau xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Beautiful card with cool male colours Lisa, I like it a lot!

Thank you for sharing with Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

That's so fun Lisa! Love the lightbulb head! Very cool steampunk card. Hugs, Wends xxx