Sunday 16 September 2012

A Gem of a Challenge - recipe

Hmm... well, so much for getting back yesterday with my second post... it got so late I decided to schedule it for this morning instead!  We 'popped' to Asda for a few bits - nearly 2hrs (and over £100) later, we got home and hubby announced he needed a card for his brother's birthday as he'd be seeing him tomorrow (which is now today... how confusing!), and did I have anything that would do?!  Obviously I didn't have anything suitable, so that was my evening gone!

Sooo, here's my DT card, finally, for A Gem of a Challenge, where Donna has chosen a recipe of 'lilac, lemon, 2 butterflies and a bow'.  Now you all probably know how I try to avoid recipe challenges... they're not my favourite generally!  But actually, once I got over the fact that I have hardly anything in lilac and lemon (which is quite amazing considering the amount of paper in my craft room), this one came together fairly easily...



Items Used
Card blank - on the edge scalloped - Craftwork Cards
Digi stamp - Princess Set - Pink Gem Designs
Colouring - promarkers & flexmarkers
Digi papers - Daisies, Micro Dots & Stripes - Pink Gem Designs
Memory Box Floral Vine die - MCH
Martha Stewart Royal Butterfly punch - MCH
Pearls - MeiFlower Pink Mix - MCH
Ribbon - The Ribbon Collection - MCH
Card Candy (bow centre) - Craftwork Cards
Sentiment stamp - Sentiment Tags - LOTV
Stickles in Diamond - MCH
Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Ice White - MCH

Please ignore my colouring, I made a proper fluff of the purples - I obviously don't use them often enough!  Apologies if I didn't get to visit your blog yesterday, I managed some commenting but ran out of time - it's now 1am and I'm just scheduling this now... sigh!  So I'll hopefully manage to visit more of you today.  Hope you all have a lovely day :o)

35 comments:

Jackie said...

What a delightful card, I love the colour combo :o)
Jackie xx

Annette said...

hahaha, that sounds like me. Lots of stash, but not quite what I neeeeeed!!! Love your sweet card Lisa, the lilac and yellow look fab together.
Annette
xx

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! I love it Lisa, love the sweet image and your colouring and details are amazing. Have a lovely Sunday hun.

Donna x

Kim said...

such a pretty card Lisa, love that sweet image and the layout is great!
Kim x

Mary J said...

So pretty and beautifully coloured again Lisa!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

I like the purples you used lisa!! It is really pretty...they go perfectly with the papers and the yellow complements it really nicely :) Hope you had a fun weekend xx

sue w. said...

Hi Lisa, this is fab, love the colours together and the image is soo cute, love it.
I know what you mean about Asda, did the same thing last week, nearly £122 (did sneak a pair of leather boots in though lol.)ha ha.
Hugs Sue W.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,

Well my hubby won't let me go 'food' shopping on my own - I've been known to spend £200!!! But then there is always some piece of clothing (or two), some present always needed for a birthday, or lots of other things - as well as all the food needed!!!

Gorgeous card - don't know why you think it isn't coloured well, it looks perfect to me.

Sarah

Whisper said...

Gorgeous colour combo, great layout too, Luv Sam x

rachel said...

beautiful card and layout Lisa - love that image! Hugs rachel x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa. I love the sweet image and the colours are so pretty.

I hope you have a good Sunday
Hugs Sue

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card in lovely colours and such a sweet image!! hugs, Marlies

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card. Love that colour combination.

Hugs
Jayne

Donna said...

So pretty Lisa and fab colouring too...love the little die-cut, so pretty :) Donna ♥ x

Sue B said...

Aww this is gorgeous Lisa... I love the sweet image and gorgeous papers... the colour combo is beautiful !! :-)
Hope you're having a good weekend
Big Hugs
Sue xxx

heidy said...

Wow Lisa your coloring is gorgeous hun,youve been a bit to hard on yourself!!
Beautiful card!!
XXX Heidy

Creations by Shirl said...

Beautifully done Lisa!

Karen Petitt said...

It's gorgeous and such a lovely colour scheme Karen x

Lorraine said...

Aww, she's adorable. Gorgeous image and I love the colour combo.
Lorraine x

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie, this is just gorgeous so love the colours too, big hugs love Pops x x x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh, I like your colouring, the card is super!

Love
Maarit

Unknown said...

She's such a darling little princess who seems to be living in her own special realm Lisa, adorable card and such beautiful colours, too! Big hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Anonymous said...

So pretty Lisa!! Not colours I could put together but you've done it brilliantly.
xx

Kat said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love the colour combo and the sweet image.

Know what you mean about going into Asda (or wherever) for a couple of things and coming out ages later and spending loads!

Kat xx

Janet - aka stacky said...

Love these colours together and your card is so lovely xx

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.stunning pretty image and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Sharon said...

I love the colour combination and such a sweet image. Oh the pressure of making those unexpected cards. Hope you managed it ok.
Hugs Sharon. x

Unknown said...

Just like me I have boxes full of cards but they are never right for the person who needs a card now. our DT card is fab well done and the purples are super Hugs Elaine

Aileen said...

Love the purple and yellow together. Fab colouring. x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Lisa,
This is absolutely gorgeous - and lovethat colour combo too, she looks so pretty in those colours and I love all the co-ordinatinge embellies too...I had to suddenly make a man's card for my Brother-in-law as I had nothing suitable, so I know exactly how you feel! Big Hugs, Teresa xxx P.S I didn't win anything at bingo - the scampi was lovely though! :)

Mau xx said...

You always pull it off Lisa, this is adorable. Love the colour combo, and not the most easy to use.
Hugs mau xx

Anonymous said...

AWW!! She's so very sweet!! :) Love your gorgeous colors here!!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lisa this is gorgeous that image is a little treasure and what wonderful papers, colours and design a truly wonderful creation.
Hugs
Lorraine x

The Crafty Blonde said...

fabulous card, love the sweet image and the colour combo looks so pretty. Doesnt look like you have fluffed the colours to me xx

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, I love those colours together!
Helen x