Sunday 12 August 2012

A card and a new blog!

Would you like to win some gorgeous Pink Gem Designs stamps?


Please pop across to the brand new Gems of Inspiration from Pink Gem Designs blog for all the details :o)

The new blog will hopefully give you lots of ideas and inspiration using Pink Gem Designs stamps, digi images and papers.

And if you're not already a follower at A Gem of a Challenge, why not pop over there too and join in with our fab fortnightly challenges with great prizes to be won :o)

And here's my card for today, using one of the fab 'Keep Calm' images from Pink Gem Designs...



I've used the colour version of the Keep Calm and Play Golf digi stamp - you get this version, a black text one and a white text version that you can layer over a digi paper, so it would look exactly like mine, but with any background colour you like.

The papers are from the lovely Happy Days pad from Papermania, with Stampin' Up cardstock and striped ribbon.  The 'Dad' sentiment is from a Wellington Bear stamp set and I added some punched circles to finish it off.  This is not for my dad (he died very young - he was just a few years older than I am now), it's for my Auntie to give to her father-in-law.

I'm not sure what we're doing today... Hubby's taken Dex to his mum's for a few hours, and usually we'd be off to my mum's later, but really we should go and get the boys kitted out with uniforms ready for school... Will have to see what hubby wants to do when he gets back!  Hope you're all enjoying your weekend, whatever you're up to :o)

24 comments:

Janet said...

Oh wow this is amazing Lisa! x

Unknown said...

How fabulous Lisa and thank you for the info on the challenge blog .
I am so sorry to read about your dad it must have been awful for you as he passed away so young. Have a lovely afternoon whatever you decide to do
Big Hugs Elaine

Kim said...

gorgeous card. I too lost my dad when he was the age I am now - and i was 7. So now I enjoy making dad cards for my kids to give my hubby!
Kim x

Linda Wescott said...

Great card, and I'll pop and take a look at the new blog. Hugs lin

Joey said...

Lisa your cards never fail to amaze me, this is gorgeous! think I might need some of these keep calms lol. Joey x

Janette said...

Oh am loving this Lisa, a fab card t hun...will pop over and see what it's all about...thanks.xx

Carol Willis said...

Fabulous card Lisa, I've got a cousin who'd absolutely love this.
Hugs
Caz x

Little K Smith said...

A fabulous card Lisa, love these great stamps! And a great layout too :)
Kelly.x

Vicky said...

Fabulous creation Lisa...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Lisa, this is fab. Love it!

Donna x

Karina said...

Gorgeous card! Love the sentiment and the CAS style of it. Have a wonderful start into the new week.
Hugs, Karina

Karen Petitt said...

Amazing card Lisa - love the CAS styling of it and perfectly elegant for a man hugs Karen x

Lorraine said...

Brilliant card. Love the papers and a great layout too.
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Perfect as usual!
xx

Anonymous said...

Really adorable creation!! LOVE the neutral colors! :)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lisa this is brilliant I really love it, the colours, sentiment and clean design, superb card.
hugs
Lorraine x

Aileen said...

Super masculine card. Love the Keep Calm. x

Jenny said...

Perfect "man" card - too funny...I just made a man card too - mine involved tools.

Thanks for being a follower at Great Impressions stamps! Did you know we are giving away prizes just for leaving a comment right now during Release Week? Love to see you there!

www.greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com

Lorraine said...

Oh I love these keep calm sentiments! Perfect Dad card!

Jackie said...

Wonderful selection of cards since my last visit. I am now busy trying to play catchup after the Olympics :o)
Jackie xx

Christine L said...

Perfect card for a golf loving male Lisa... think I'll have to get this image for my bro-in-law.... he'd love it!

Big hugs
Christine x

Doreen said...

another amazing card, lisa.
Big hugs
Doreen xx

Jacki Daniels said...

Lisa this is lovely and great sentiment the papers are gorgeous
Jacki xx

Mary J said...

Perfect card for a guy, Lisa! Love how you used that sentiment with that gorgeous ribbon!