Wednesday 11 April 2012

Less is More - 3 shades of green

My plan for today was to make a quick card for this week's Less is More challenge, which is '3 shades of green'... for some reason my first card wasn't playing nicely and took me hours to finish, so I made a couple of quick ones after that - just so I didn't feel like I'd completely wasted the day!


For my first card I inked up a piece of ivory linen card, using 'scattered straw' and 'shabby shutters' distress inks, and 'bamboo' memento ink, then flicked drops of water on it from a paintbrush.  The motorbike and sentiment are Stampin' Up and were both stamped in 'bamboo' memento.  The scalloped border was cut with an MFT die and I added some scraps of card, a button and twine from my stash.


For my second card I've used one of my favourite techniques, it's so quick and easy and always looks different - even when you use the same stamps and ink.  I just inked up a Hero Arts stamp with 'new sprout' memento, then dabbed on 'shabby shutters' distress ink and a touch of 'bamboo' memento, sprayed the stamp with water and then stamped a few times on the card blank.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up and was stamped in 'bamboo' memento.


And then I made a similar card, using 'iced spruce' and 'evergreen bough' distress inks, spraying with water again.  I matted the Stampin' Up sentiment onto a slightly paler shade of aqua/ green.  I'm not sure if this one really turned out quite green enough!

Apologies if any of my post is nonsense... a couple of glasses of wine may have been consumed this evening and I might be ever so slightly tipsy... just a teeny bit of course!

PS. I haven't forgotten that it's Wednesday - I left the Waste Not Wednesdays link open for 2wks this time, as I knew it'd be a bit chaotic over the school hols - so if you'd like to play along this week please see this post :o)

30 comments:

Louise said...

Wow, love your cards Lisa - especially the middle one: I must try that technique xx

Jayne A said...

Fantastic selection of cards.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Jenni's Jems said...

These are all really super but love the second one and must try that technique looks brill x

Catherine said...

Gorgeous set of cards, particularly love the first one.....

G Peplow said...

Hi Lisa, Glad to see you're having some fun:0) Gorgeous cards, I know what you mean about them not behaving! Yours turned out really well I especially like the middle version, very pretty, Gay xxx

Susan said...

Lisa, looks like you were really enjoying the challenge this week! Love all three...but I think my favorite is the second one!

Little K Smith said...

These are gorgeous Lisa, I love the flower stamp and I love doing that technique too, which means I need more of these style of stamps! ;D
Kelly.x

Mary J said...

LOL, the wine didn't effect your post, always a pleasure to read your posts Lisa!

Gorgeous cards, I really should use my inks more adventurously! (is that a word?!! It doesn't look right!)

Kelly Schelske said...

These are all really fabulous!

heidy said...

Oh these are all beautiful Lisa!
Love the first one!
Sounds like you had a great night lol!!
XXX Heidy

Debs said...

They are all fabulous Lisa - especially love the second and third one - must be that floral image :o)
Post makes perfect sense lol!!!
Hope you had a lovely Easter.
Debs xx

Jackie said...

Superb selection Lisa, but the middle one is my favourite :o)
Jackie xx

Chrissie said...

These are great Lisa, I'm just waiting for that flower stamp to arrive, I think it's gorgeous!
I love that method of inking too.
Super job.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

coops said...

stunning cards lisa.you rock the cas look :D

xx coops xx

Christine L said...

Hi Lisa...

All three are fab.... but the second one has it for me!! Love those shades of green you've used, and that stamp is fab!

Glad you enjoyed your wine... and no your post wasn't rubbish!! hehe!

Hugs
Christine x

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards, Mary x

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Lisa. Love the shape of card that you've chosen for the last two. Works really well xx

Kat said...

Great card Lisa, I must try that inking technique!

Kat xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow these are just stunning Lisa! Love the beautiful image and the inking looks fantastic! :)

amanda stokes said...

Great selection of cards Lisa,i love the first one :) x

Anonymous said...

Stunning cards Lisa!!
xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Lisa these are beautiful what fantastic images and I love the shades of green, that first one has a super vintage look to it which I so love.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jenny said...

I always love your LIM cards...you do CAS so well :0)
The hero arts flowers are so pretty in the watercolour technique!
Jenny x

rosie said...

superb selection of cards. fab colours x

Aileen said...

All great cards. I really like the first with the motorbike though because i wouldn't have thought to use it in greens but it looks great! x

Lily Anuska said...

Love this cards especially second one. Beautiful green white combination and lovely image. Hugs. Lily

Mandi said...

All superb Lisa


So sorry I'm so late this week
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

Three fabulous makes Lisa, love them all!
Helen x

Berry said...

Gorgeous elegance Lisa fab work sweetie hugs Rebekah xx

Lorraine said...

These are beautiful, Lisa! I love the greens and your designs!